Five things to do this week

One more week to go until we’re released from lectures for the summer! Once deadlines are out of the way, go out and relax in the sunshine as much as you can before revision guilt sets in.

1. If you still haven’t bought your ticket for Under Canvas, a festival-themed garden party in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, you can still buy one today outside the Vic from 12:00 until 16:00 or online at http://www.staundercanvas.com/. Each £38 ticket includes two energy drink mixers before 21:30, Tunnock’s Tea Cakes and Caramel Wafers, and entry into a raffle with great prizes. Get excited about what is set to be an incredible line up, including Mike Mago and Horse Meat Disco, and the last chance this year to party in Lower College Lawn, a venue favoured by all of St Andrews’ top events.

2. A couple of St Andrews students have organised an art exhibition to raise awareness of mental health and work towards removing the stigma surrounding it by providing a platform for students to be creative and reflective. The exhibition, fittingly titled INTROSPECT, is on tonight at the Brewery from 19:30, and entry is by donation.

3. Tonight is St Andrews Against Slavery’s 5k night run in aid of Unseen, a charity set up to disrupt and challenge human trafficking. The run starts at 21:00 near the Old Course, and runners are expected to show up in their brightest neon clothing. If you haven’t already signed up, you can do so at the event for £5, and will be provided with neon face paint and glow sticks to make sure you don’t go unseen by any passers-by.

4. You have until Wednesday to write an application to be a part of the team behind the staging of SITARA*, a fashion show celebrating South Asian culture through clothing, dancing, and acting. Go to the Facebook page for information about what positions are available and application requirements. Anyone with an appreciation for fashion and performing arts would benefit from the experience of being involved in the production of such a unique fashion show. Get applying!

5. Applications to join the On the Rocks 2016 committee are now open. Applications for Festival Director will be accepted until the 27th of April, while applications for other committee positions will remain open until the 29th. You can find out more about what each position requires from applicants at http://www.ontherocksfestival.com/#!apply-now/c11qq. This arts festival is entirely student-run and incorporates all mediums of art, so a high standard of commitment is expected, as well as team spirit and a certain amount of creativity. Good luck!

Images courtesy of James Connolly, Sarune Savickaite and Neha Luthra