St Andrews Brewing Co. opens craft beer bar on South Street

Goodbye Chillis, hello Brewpub!

Our town’s own craft brewery St Andrews Brewing Company has unveiled a great addition to South Street: a brand new Brewpub!

Located where “Chillis” Indian restaurant used to be, I got to take a peek inside the other day before it was ready to open and the warm inviting atmosphere that it inspired rivalled some of our most homey go-to pubs (yes, even the Whey Pat).

The long oak bar top is complemented by lots of wood touches and a cozy fireplace. Surrounded by eclectic seating and a long row of shiny beer taps. A joint venture between Seafood Restaurant’s’s Tim Butler and St Andrews Brewing Company himself Bob Phaff means there will be a plethora of great craft beers, whiskys, gins and wines to choose from.

There is also a spacey Beer Hall upstairs that will be used for special events and tastings, again incorporating the natural wood extensively (not to mention some incredible benches).

The creators of this new addition to our teeming pub scene have based it around the model of a traditional American Brewpub, pulling straight from their experiences with these kinds of places in America.

The Brewpub will carry all of St Andrews Brewing Co.’s crafted line of choices, from Ales to Lager, as well as a rotating selection of other brewery’s creations.

And the best part about the St Andrews Brewing Co. Brewpub?  The Stand can reveal that it is opening tonight from 5pm.

Images courtesy of St Andrews Brewing Co. Facebook page