News (deputy) Editor

A few notes from Tris our graduating deputy News editor:

“I’m all about The Stand in news, as the stand-in news man! A position that’s full of fun where you’re always at the centre of all the bizarre behaviour of our bubble.”

• You have to be on top of everything St Andrews, know the latest gossip and build relationships with the local businesses, the university and the union 
  • Develop a strong team of writers to break the news as it comes whilst maintaining a high quality of writing
  • Edting skills are of course essential 
  • Liasing with the News editor and Editor-in-chief’s to keep news content creative and accurate

How to apply:

Applications should be sent to editor@stand-news.co.uk by Friday May 24th at 5pm.

Please include in your application:

• What your year of study will be for 2013/2014
  • A cover letter telling us why you want to work for The Stand, why you’re qualified for the job, and any relevant experience you’ve had
  • Any new ideas you would bring with you to The Stand
  • Any other activities/time commitments you may have
  • Anything else you think we ought to see/know about you (e.g. writing samples, baby pictures, life stories, etc.)

If you’d like to be involved with The Stand but don’t want to commit to an official position, please click our ‘Send Us a Story’ button up top and send us something you’ve written, or email one of our section editors and get involved! 

If you have any other questions about the application process, please send them to Lauren (lh467) or Dani (dg53) or email the relevant section editor.

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Chief Reporter

St Andrews is the best in the UK for Philosophy, Politics and Physics

Tell us something we don’t know

FS raises £30,000 for charity

They auctioned a dinner date with a model and tickets for exclusive access at Milan Fashion Week

May Ball: the gowns, the bows and the ugly

everyone looked nice 👍

Can you guess the price of these Waitrose ‘Essentials’?

You paid how much for Ardennes Pâté?

, Argument Editor

Forget London, I’m moving to Bath

It’s better in every single way

,        

The definitive list of all the most annoying people in the world

This is really, really long

,        

The world’s biggest bouncy castle is going to be at Bestival

Yeah, you’ll probably fall off