News (deputy) Editor

by , Senior Tab reporter on

Facebook Twitter

A few notes from Tris our graduating deputy News editor:

“I’m all about The Stand in news, as the stand-in news man! A position that’s full of fun where you’re always at the centre of all the bizarre behaviour of our bubble.”

• You have to be on top of everything St Andrews, know the latest gossip and build relationships with the local businesses, the university and the union 
  • Develop a strong team of writers to break the news as it comes whilst maintaining a high quality of writing
  • Edting skills are of course essential 
  • Liasing with the News editor and Editor-in-chief’s to keep news content creative and accurate

How to apply:

Applications should be sent to by Friday May 24th at 5pm.

Please include in your application:

• What your year of study will be for 2013/2014
  • A cover letter telling us why you want to work for The Stand, why you’re qualified for the job, and any relevant experience you’ve had
  • Any new ideas you would bring with you to The Stand
  • Any other activities/time commitments you may have
  • Anything else you think we ought to see/know about you (e.g. writing samples, baby pictures, life stories, etc.)

If you’d like to be involved with The Stand but don’t want to commit to an official position, please click our ‘Send Us a Story’ button up top and send us something you’ve written, or email one of our section editors and get involved! 

If you have any other questions about the application process, please send them to Lauren (lh467) or Dani (dg53) or email the relevant section editor.

Facebook Twitter
The Tab is a network of 60 university news sites with thousands of student reporters

By on

A reply to the Edinburgh Tab

It’s time to recognise the Edinburgh tab’s St Andrews article for what it really is – lacking in research.

by , The Stand Editor of The Tab on

Welcome to the Next Level

Champar’s first official event, Shine Bright Like a Belle, will be held this Friday in the Society Room of Ma Bells.

by on

5 Things to Do This Week

The Stand gives you the low-down of the best events of the upcoming week.