News (deputy) Editor

A few notes from Tris our graduating deputy News editor:

“I’m all about The Stand in news, as the stand-in news man! A position that’s full of fun where you’re always at the centre of all the bizarre behaviour of our bubble.”

• You have to be on top of everything St Andrews, know the latest gossip and build relationships with the local businesses, the university and the union 
  • Develop a strong team of writers to break the news as it comes whilst maintaining a high quality of writing
  • Edting skills are of course essential 
  • Liasing with the News editor and Editor-in-chief’s to keep news content creative and accurate

How to apply:

Applications should be sent to editor@stand-news.co.uk by Friday May 24th at 5pm.

Please include in your application:

• What your year of study will be for 2013/2014
  • A cover letter telling us why you want to work for The Stand, why you’re qualified for the job, and any relevant experience you’ve had
  • Any new ideas you would bring with you to The Stand
  • Any other activities/time commitments you may have
  • Anything else you think we ought to see/know about you (e.g. writing samples, baby pictures, life stories, etc.)

If you’d like to be involved with The Stand but don’t want to commit to an official position, please click our ‘Send Us a Story’ button up top and send us something you’ve written, or email one of our section editors and get involved! 

If you have any other questions about the application process, please send them to Lauren (lh467) or Dani (dg53) or email the relevant section editor.

Heard something newsworthy?

,        

I am a student sugar baby

Sex is only a small part of our intimate relationship

St Andrews students welcomed debate on the issue of migration

Speakers wanted to inform people on the situation in Europe

, Assistant Editor, The Tab

Every conversation you’ve ever had on your family Whatsapp group

Why does Dad use so many full stops?

, Argument Editor

Every awkward moment after a couple in your friendship group break up

Is it acceptable to start a new WhatsApp group without him in it?

Experts say you shouldn’t ride elephants in Thailand

A tourist was killed, and the animals are often unhappy

, Contributing Editor

More people should tell Chris Martin that he’s awful

It’s the right thing to do

, Chief Reporter

Sushi could be the key to getting a second date on Valentine’s Day

Is raw fish really an aphrodisiac?