Fashion (deputy) Editor

A few notes from Immy on being Deputy Fashion editor:

‘Whilst fashion may be your passion, just remember that the rest of us have to look at you’

• As deputy fashion editor you will need to have good editing skills as you will be asked to proofread and edit articles before they go up on the site.
  • You will also need to be quite creative, as the job involves thinking up lots of article ideas.
  • An interest in fashion is also essential (obviously).
  • You will also always have to be on the lookout for new fashion writers and article opportunities where possible.

How to apply:

Applications should be sent to editor@stand-news.co.uk by Friday May 24th at 5pm.

Please include in your application:

• What your year of study will be for 2013/2014
  • A cover letter telling us why you want to work for The Stand, why you’re qualified for the job, and any relevant experience you’ve had
  • Any new ideas you would bring with you to The Stand
  • Any other activities/time commitments you may have
  • Anything else you think we ought to see/know about you (e.g. writing samples, baby pictures, life stories, etc.)

If you’d like to be involved with The Stand but don’t want to commit to an official position, please click our ‘Send Us a Story’ button up top and send us something you’ve written, or email one of our section editors and get involved! 

If you have any other questions about the application process, please send them to Lauren (lh467) or Dani (dg53) or email the relevant section editor.

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

St Andrews is toughest business school to get into

I guess some students are pretty clever after all.

Thoughts we all have when we’re revising

Procrastinating so hard I wrote a Tab article about it

Reviewed: ‘Inside Out’

Thank you DanceSoc for making my revision break well worthwhile, and making me want to take up highland dancing.

London now has a halls of residence for grown-ups

It’s exactly as awful as it sounds

Running has pulled me out of my anxiety and misery

I was a miserable wreck until I found my cure

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

There is a campaign to provide sanitary bins in male toilets for trans students

28,000 trans students need our support

Why I’ll never, ever get married

If you like it, then please don’t put a ring on it

, Editor, The Tab Manchester

These are the things that made me realise I had depression

Was I depressed or just being a bitch?