Made in Chelsea: Episode 2

After last week’s feisty kick-off to the series that left us hanging over Spence and Caggie’s on-off situation and the introduction of Kimberley to the Chelsea folk – we knew […]

After last week’s feisty kick-off to the series that left us hanging over Spence and Caggie’s on-off situation and the introduction of Kimberley to the Chelsea folk – we knew she was clearly going to be trouble… this week we see the drama evolve.

Let’s just start off with the Spence and Caggie goss – it’s clearly why we all watch the show anyway. Caggs seems to have lost any form of interest in Spencer as anything more than a friend in this episode, which I don’t actually blame her for. In Season 2, Spence had already started to progress on his male-grooming in the form of a new sleek gelled-back hair-do and an unfriendly amount of spray tan – no guy should ever fake tan or try and beauty parlour themselves up in my opinion. Hygiene is healthy and we all love the ‘rugged’ look and alternative well-suited-up evening wear but that’s at a push, we girls don’t need you to supplement your skin colour – that’s our job. Anyway, rant over – Spence has become rather arrogant and self-absorbed and we see that he seems to take his stress out on Jamie in an unfortunate amount of situations, probably due to Caggie’s departure, later in the episode.

We are forced to listen to quite a lot of awkward conversations throughout, a little too many times you want to die at the cringeyness. Firstly, we’re with the girls, in Millie’s ‘GLAMOUR’ wardrobe… who would have known that along with editing for one of Britain’s top women’s magazines, she would also get free clothes – lucky so and so. The girls; Millie, Caggie and Louise are trying to suit and glam-up Caggie for her coming tour before Jamie intrudes, attempting to chat-up Louise which he epically fails at as he bites away at his (probably very expensive ray-ban)sunglasses and delivers a cheeky smile to hide his utter failure.

Now, I think that Francis Boulle, probably the most ‘rah’ out of them all, (with the exception of Mark Francis – I think Francis is an occurring ‘rah-like’ name here) is the most hilarious of people, and he just got a lot more amusing. He flounces about elegantly on the cross-trainer (what kind of guy is elegant in a gym?!) with sweatbands galore, dropping one liners to strangers beside him such as: ‘I usually listen to wagner when I work out’ (Note: not the Hippy-looking Xfactor finalist) and ‘Im sweatworking at the minute…it’s where you work up a sweat whilst networking’. – Of course.

Meanwhile, Kimberley invites her friend Harriet (the Harrods-obsessed-shopper) to a double date with Francis and of course, Jamie…just to stir up a little trouble. We can all guess what happens here- Jamie succeeds to ‘woo’ Kimberley with his ‘devotion to church’ and lack of interest in Crutched-up Harriet.

We go from a ‘pretty woman-style’ boutique dress shopping day with Hugo and beaut partner Natalie – they go a little too lovey dovey on those sofa’s – to lunch in the swanky ‘blue birds’ with Rosie, Victoria and Natalie. Rosie’s very bitchy and two-faced personality shows through once again as soon as Caggie and Mills turn up at the very same place (coincidence) and she comments on Caggies chic ‘bikergirl’ look, that isn’t quite up to standard for her posh little self (not that she dresses spectacularly). However, sweet newcomer, Natalie, goes over to break-the-ice and greet Millie and cags in order to withdraw herself from the two-tiered Chelsea battle.

What would any MIC episode be without an epic event to trail all of our high-glam affluent players to? This time, it a little contrasting to the last episode’s ‘boob party’…were partying at a ‘Dogwalk’ – that’s right, you got it, a catwalk, for dogs. Cheska’s charity dog event, with dogbowls filled with treats, chiffon dresses (Cheska’s fairy tutu is quite a treat – alike to her doggy jumper earlier) and plenty of banter. And with each guests main accessory being their pampered pooch, only Francis Boulle would turn up with the very best, as commentators Mark Francis and Victoria blare ‘he may be lacking in other departments that would leave some wondering’.

We’re left with an intense argument between Jamie and Spence over the housing situation, rules and vows (you’d think they were life partners) and Spencers domination over poor young’un Jamie (who leaves his cheeky smile behind and swears his way through his momentary flip)…and a pancake date. That’s right – watch it to understand.

Next weeks episode looks an exciting one with Cheska slightly gutted to not be chosen for Richards ‘ad campaign’ instead of ex-Gabriella (who is a little bit of a nutcase we learnt from Ollie) who kicks-off at Cheska’s unknown liking for millionaire entrepreneur, Richard. Jamie has a ‘love actually’ moment where he turns up at Louise’s door to declare his love (picture Keira knightly scene – minus the carol singing tape and flash cards) but it seems Spence has once again jumped to the chase…