Made in Chelsea Series 3: Recap and Predictions

Anyone who has any self respect must have seen the skins style MIC adverts on TV this break. Monday marked the end of a 4 month wait for the new […]

Anyone who has any self respect must have seen the skins style MIC adverts on TV this break. Monday marked the end of a 4 month wait for the new season to begin: we finally have our first compulsory dose of the hit show Made in Chelsea! Last season, we went through some pretty exhausting relationship issues from Caggie and Spence, (it took them quite a while ((well cags)) to decide what they wanted), to Millie and Hugo, who had some trust issues after Hugo cheated – and as later revealed, so did Millie – but not quite as shocking as Hugo with Rosie Fortescue… we also followed Ollie’s relationship with Chloe AND the falling apart of Binky and Cheska. This season picked up from the dramatic finale last season to ensure we won’t be disappointed.

It began with Caggie talking with Spencer (in a flying field, as you do) about her travels in Australia, lack of contact with Spencer, and how she so swiftly moved on to another guy. She even managed to get his name tattooed on her arm – slightly more permanent than her on-off relationship with Spencer? I think so. Some phenomenal acting from Spencer ensured that we really felt that emotional pain of the situation.

On the Hugo-Millie front, we are instantly thrown into Hugo’s married life (note: he’s not actually married, but may as well be) with new bombshell Natalie who never seems to leave his side and has intruded on his and Spencer’s ‘Bromance’. As a result Spence has become closer to Jamie and plans to move in with him (I see risky parties arising). Will we be seeing more of Professor Green who is newly love-struck with cast member and Glamour’s newest employee, Millie? She poses that she isn’t slightly affected by Hugo’s new found love, but we shall see how the season develops.

Meanwhile, the handsome Proudlock (his secretary specks and pagan-cross earrings are a massive turn-on) attends church with Jamie, (yep, it’s weird) which leads to the introduction of Kimberley, who flounces into church in some extremely tight leggings (blasphemous? I think so). All the gents seem to be taking interest in Kimberley, from Jamie to Spencer (new flat troubles I yell) to diamond heir, Francis Boulle. I anticipate some serious drama.

Ollie cruises around in his union Jack sports car, always there to make a statement and tries to set-up best friend Cheska with millionaire Richard. Despite his lack of subtlety in revealing Cheska’s fear of becoming a forever lonesome ‘Bridget Jones’, I think this could develop quite sweetly as the show progresses.

There’s no surprise when the MIC cast flounce a swanky and lavish party, so it is not unexpected when we attend Gabilicious’ party at Café de Paris for the big reveal of her newly sculpted breasts. The things these people throw parties for! Here, we see that Jamie gets a little jealous (and arrogant) over his mates flirtatiousness with Louise.

…oh, and there’s some very strange ‘fortune telling’ type thing going on with eggs – don’t even ask.

Next week’s drama shows the boys arguing over fresh-meat and the girls settling into their beautiful bitchy selves, let’s face it we won’t be missing our weekly fix as we glue our eyes to our screens. We can just about handle some more ‘Rah’ in our St Andrean lives anyway!

Photo © e4.com