Five fun things to do in Soton this week

It puts in the fun in fundraising!

So, exams are finally over- Yay! However, now the second semester has started and you’re facing more work than ever. You’re stressed, tired, bored and to top it all off it’s constantly raining! Want an excuse to procrastinate guilt-free?

Fortunately, this week there are plenty of opportunities for you to do just that. This week is RAGs annual Big Give, meaning there are plenty of ways for you to get out and have some fun- (And also fundraise!) Just because the weather is miserable, doesn’t mean you have to be! Here’s five things to do this week to help get you out of your funk:

Tuesday- Take me out

Head down to Bar Two on Tuesday at 7pm for a night full of cheesy chat up lines and ill-placed innuendos. Who doesn’t want to watch two awkward people do the verbal dance of desperation in the hope of a date?

Photo Credit: Charlotte Milman, Southampton RAG

Wednesday – Stretcher Bar Crawl

Be a part of history as teams of students race through Southampton city centre carrying each other on stretcher! Team members will take it turn to knock back a bev at each venue before bouncing back on the stretcher to continue the race. Channel your inner Usain Bolt as you race to ocies urban room.

Thursday – Karaoke Takeover

All the usual things you love about karaoke Thursdays at Stags but with bangers and bevs designed just for this night. With money from the one-off RAG cocktails going to charity, you can feel better and better about yourself with every drink you down!

Friday- The RAGular Comedy Night

Everyone knows that laughter is the best medicine. Come down the bridge and ComedySoc will ensure that you laugh until you cry- or at least that you’re laughing through your tears.

Saturday- Enigma

One mystery destination. Two darkened buses. Too many bevs to count. Enigma is the bar crawl to end all bar crawls. Cardiff? Bournemouth? Bristol? Who knows where you’ll end up! Make sure to grab yourself a ticket to this now famous annual event. This is definitely one you don’t want to miss!