Students urged to secure their homes after Portswood burglary

Three female students chased the thief out of their house

At approximately 5:40am a man was caught stealing a laptop from an upstairs bedroom in Tennyson Road, a lively student street.

The scene of the crime

Three brave young women chased him out of their house, and a laptop was successfully recovered further up the road. Unfortunately he was able to get away with a Fossil watch, an iPhone and their ID’s.

Investigator Elaine Rogers has stated: “We would also like to speak to a man who was in the area at the time and was spoken to by one of the students as she was out looking for the suspect in her car. He may have information that may help with our investigation. He is described as being white, of a skinny build, bald and was wearing a dark jacket. He was also carrying a black rucksack.”

Police have also suggested to residents to close their ground windows in case there are additional incidents.

The suspect himself is described as wearing a dark jogging bottoms and a black hat, and is estimated to be in his 20s.

An efit of the suspect

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call PSI Rogers on 101, quoting 44160238667, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.