Common People – Uncommon Stage Line-up revealed

It’s hosting new and alternative artists

Common People Festival has released the line-up for its Uncommon People stage, for those looking for something a bit different.

Sponsored by The Joiners, the Uncommon People stage is set to host new and upcoming acts across the weekend of the 28th and 29th of May. On Saturday, we’ll see music from singer-songwriter Sean Mcgowan, stadium-ready post rockers New Desert Blues and BBC 6 Music-supported Bel Esprit – all local talent from right here in Southampton. We’ll also experience new sounds from Cambridge five-piece Lonely the Brave and the experimental Tall Ships, from Brighton.

This year sees the festival put on for the second time. Organisers ran a competition to find the final few acts for the Uncommon People stage – and although the winners of ‘I Want to play at Common People’ are yet to be revealed, we do know we’ll be seeing one on Saturday, with the other two acts playing on Sunday . Sunday also sees NME favourites Palma Violets top the bill alongside garage rockers Pretty Vicious, and Portsmouth’s Kassassin Street. All of these acts are followed by a tonne of local heroes including Science of Eight Limbs and The Rising.

The full line-up

Organised by the same people who run Bestival, with Rob da Bank at the helm, Common People was a huge success among students and families alike in 2015. Last year was headlined by Fat Boy Slim and Grace Jones, and featured Clean Bandit and Years and Years on the main stage, alongside less mainstream acts like Plastic Mermaids.

Looking at the set list for this alternative stage, it seems history will repeat itself – and no matter what kind of  music you’re into, Common People has something for everyone.

You can find out more about Common People and it’s acts on the website here.