£4.5 million donated to university for cancer research

Text ‘YOUREIT’ to 70660 to donate £3 to the Centre for Cancer Immunology

The Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has made a donation of £4.5 Million to the campaign for the Centre for Cancer Immunology.

The £4.5m grant, from the Solent LEP, is the largest contribution that has been made to the university backed campaign to date, and takes the total amount of money raised to an amazing £18.5m..

This donation, and many like it, has taken the campaign to 75% of the way to hitting there overall target of £25m.

The Centre for Cancer Immunology will be there first of its kind in the UK and will be at the forefront of research in to new and effective cancer treatments.

The campaign that has been bidding for donations comprises of  teams working in partnership across the departments of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, Research and Innovation Services, and the Faculty of Medicine.

A spokesperson for the campaign for the centre said: “We have so much to be proud of and every donation in aid of the new Centre, large or small, makes a huge difference to the lives of our patients and their families”

If you would like to make a donation to donate £3 to the campaign you can do so by texting ‘YOUREIT’ to 70660.