Woman attacked near Avenue campus

The 19-year old was attacked at the Lovers Walk junction.

On Friday 27th November, a 19-year old woman was assaulted at the junction between Lovers Walk and Highfield Road.

The young-woman was approached on the street near both of Southampton University campus’ sometime between 8:00 – 8:30pm when she was grabbed by the arm and punched.

The male attacker has been described as white, pale complexion, in his mid twenties, 6 feet tall, broad shoulders and being clean shaven.

He is said to have been wearing  a distinctive black ‘deer hunter’ style hat with a fur trim. It is also said that he had a  green Parka style jacket with off-white fur hood and dark blue straight cut jeans.

Detective Constable Timothy Doyle from the Western Investigations Team said: “This appears to be completely unprovoked attack on a young woman and therefore quite rare.

“But if you can avoid walking alone in the hours or darkness, do so. As always, consider which route to take and think about taking a friend.”

The police are appealing for information from anyone that may be able to help. If you have any information please call 101 and quote 44150413071.