Vixens Outfox The Competition

Southampton Vixen’s Cheerleading Squad have continued their winning streak after both Competition and Dance Squad impressed the judges at Future Cheer Competition in Bath this weekend. Earlier in February Competition […]

Cheerleading Vixens

Southampton Vixen’s Cheerleading Squad have continued their winning streak after both Competition and Dance Squad impressed the judges at Future Cheer Competition in Bath this weekend.

Earlier in February Competition Squad competed in the All Girl Level Three division at ICC Southerns beating six other teams to be awarded 1st place. This was a massive success for the squad who competed against five non-university teams in order to win the title.

Following this success at ICC Southerns, Vixens took their award winning routine to the Future Cheer University Competition in Bath this weekend and competed against fourteen other teams in their division, including previous National Champions, Birmingham Pussycats. Vixens were once again awarded 1st place after receiving an incredible reaction from both the audience and the judges, proving themselves to be a team to watch. However, the 1st place trophy was not the only one to go home with the Vixen’s that evening as they were announced as Grand Champions of the competition after they received the highest overall score of all the divisions on the day. The girls were rewarded with Future Cheer Grand Champs T-Shirts and yet another trophy to add to the cabinet.

Dance Squad were also awarded third place in the Hip-Hop division at ICC Southerns, and went on to impress the judges yet again at Future Cheer. In their feedback the judges complimented the Dance Girls on their ‘energy and performance’ as well as ‘their creativity of choreography and crowd appeal’, which was certainly reinforced by the crowd’s reaction on the day.

Once again the Vixens have shown themselves as a team capable of competing in the All Star cheer world, and have brought home the trophies to prove it, adding yet more titles to the list of sporting achievements at the University of Southampton.

If you would like to join the Vixens in their celebrations this week, their So:Gatsby fundraiser is this Wednesday on the 26th February  at Sobar!!!

Report courtesy of Faith Ford.