Vixens Outfox The Competition

Southampton Vixen’s Cheerleading Squad have continued their winning streak after both Competition and Dance Squad impressed the judges at Future Cheer Competition in Bath this weekend.

1889049_10153838267565099_1159023916_o

Earlier in February Competition Squad competed in the All Girl Level Three division at ICC Southerns beating six other teams to be awarded 1st place. This was a massive success for the squad who competed against five non-university teams in order to win the title.

Following this success at ICC Southerns, Vixens took their award winning routine to the Future Cheer University Competition in Bath this weekend and competed against fourteen other teams in their division, including previous National Champions, Birmingham Pussycats. Vixens were once again awarded 1st place after receiving an incredible reaction from both the audience and the judges, proving themselves to be a team to watch. However, the 1st place trophy was not the only one to go home with the Vixen’s that evening as they were announced as Grand Champions of the competition after they received the highest overall score of all the divisions on the day. The girls were rewarded with Future Cheer Grand Champs T-Shirts and yet another trophy to add to the cabinet.

Dance Squad were also awarded third place in the Hip-Hop division at ICC Southerns, and went on to impress the judges yet again at Future Cheer. In their feedback the judges complimented the Dance Girls on their ‘energy and performance’ as well as ‘their creativity of choreography and crowd appeal’, which was certainly reinforced by the crowd’s reaction on the day.

Once again the Vixens have shown themselves as a team capable of competing in the All Star cheer world, and have brought home the trophies to prove it, adding yet more titles to the list of sporting achievements at the University of Southampton.

If you would like to join the Vixens in their celebrations this week, their So:Gatsby fundraiser is this Wednesday on the 26th February  at Sobar!!!

Report courtesy of Faith Ford.

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

Rebrand: The Logo, the Process and the Reputational Risks

The response to students’ concerns about the rebrand has been patronizing and undemocratic

, Soton Social Editor of The Tab

Clubbing at home is awful now I’ve experienced uni clubbing

Why should I pay £7.10 for a vodka cranberry

, Soton Varsity Editor of The Tab

‘Macfest’ car crash victim was TWO TIMES over the drunk driving limit

£18,000 has been raised in his memory along with a planned music festival

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

Made In Chelsea has gone to the dogs

For God’s sake, will you maintain a modicum of decorum?

, Assistant Editor

Music festivals on terror alert

Nightclubs and festivals are both at risk of Isis suicide attacks

, Features Editor

Everything Mizz magazine taught us about life in our twenties

Mum thought Sugar and Bliss were too sexy

Review: The best supermarket gin and tonic tins

Because there’s more to life than Gordon’s

and

NUS disaffiliation: The story so far

Three SUs have voted to disaffiliate and three have to remain

The best cheap supermarket prosecco, according to a wine expert

‘This one tastes like it’s been left in the fridge for a week’