Grad Ball First Acts REVEALED

SUSU have revealed the first acts for Graduation Ball 2014, through the new priority sign-up system.

LAWSON and GORGON CITY will perform at the event in Oceana on Monday 9th June 2014.

Lawson are known for their top 10 singles Taking Over Me, Standing In The Dark and most recently Juliet.

The less well-known duo Gorgon City sang Ready For Your Love featuring MNEK. These acts will be performing in the Ice House room.

The event, which will have a ‘Hollywood’ theme, will also feature the Mariachis, who performed at the Freshers’ Stateside Ball earlier this month. The priority website states that SUSU are in talks with three other ‘very exciting’ acts for the event, which now costs £39 instead of £49.

Tickets will go on sale to priority customers on 3rd March 2014, and general sale opens on 6th March.

What do you think of these acts? Are you going to Grad Ball? Let us know in the comments!

• K

I’d say Lawson are probably less well known than Gorgon City..?

But YES Gorgon City!

• Innocent Bystander

Let’s just hope that the ‘acts’ aren’t actually just shitty iPod DJing slots instead – SUSU transparency; can anyone confirm or deny this?

• P

WHAT IS UP WITH THOSE FUCKING THEMES! ARE YOU ENGLISH PEOPLE TOO INSECURE TO BE YOURSELVES?

• Rookie Tab

Gorgon City dont ‘sing’ anything.. they are music producers. Silly woman.

• Anne Onymous

Who?

Heard something newsworthy?

, Soton Opinion Editor of The Tab

In Pictures: DEVASTATION as Storm Imogen batters Southampton

Hell hath no fury like a woman storm

Pre-Drinks are the best part of the night

It’s better than clubbing

, Soton News Editor of The Tab

If you went to state school you get more out of uni

You know how the world really works

North London is the best

Stop saying it’s frumpy

, Contributing Editor

Every single person you will ever sleep with

Literally all of them, we’re not even joking

, Chief Reporter

Football teams are now signing people who are really good at Fifa

Can you do it on a cold night in Stoke though?

, Chief Reporter

George Galloway: ‘I don’t regret pretending to be a cat on Celebrity Big Brother’

This man wants you to vote for him to be Mayor of London

, Chief Reporter

The king is dead: Spencer Matthews has quit Made in Chelsea

Spenny has followed Caggie into the sunset