Grad Ball First Acts REVEALED

SUSU have revealed the first acts for Graduation Ball 2014, through the new priority sign-up system.

LAWSON and GORGON CITY will perform at the event in Oceana on Monday 9th June 2014.

Lawson are known for their top 10 singles Taking Over Me, Standing In The Dark and most recently Juliet.

The less well-known duo Gorgon City sang Ready For Your Love featuring MNEK. These acts will be performing in the Ice House room.

The event, which will have a ‘Hollywood’ theme, will also feature the Mariachis, who performed at the Freshers’ Stateside Ball earlier this month. The priority website states that SUSU are in talks with three other ‘very exciting’ acts for the event, which now costs £39 instead of £49.

Tickets will go on sale to priority customers on 3rd March 2014, and general sale opens on 6th March.

What do you think of these acts? Are you going to Grad Ball? Let us know in the comments!

• K

I’d say Lawson are probably less well known than Gorgon City..?

But YES Gorgon City!

• Innocent Bystander

Let’s just hope that the ‘acts’ aren’t actually just shitty iPod DJing slots instead – SUSU transparency; can anyone confirm or deny this?

• P

WHAT IS UP WITH THOSE FUCKING THEMES! ARE YOU ENGLISH PEOPLE TOO INSECURE TO BE YOURSELVES?

• Rookie Tab

Gorgon City dont ‘sing’ anything.. they are music producers. Silly woman.

• Anne Onymous

Who?

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Soton Features Editor of The Tab

Balancing elections and exams: Student politicans

An interview and a pint with Kieren Brown, a student candidate in the upcoming local elections

, Soton News Editor of The Tab

How to fake having your life together during exam season

Make sure you Snapchat yourself in the library

, Soton Co-Editor of The Tab

Southampton leads campaign for sanitary bins to be put in men’s toilets

SUSU has led the national campaign to improve the “negative experiences” of transgender students

, National Editor

Sadiq Khan ‘has won’ the London mayoral election

It’s basically all wrapped up now

,        

How to pamper yourself after exams

It’s never too soon to start planning

, National Editor

A new study undermines one of Jeremy Hunt’s big arguments for changing junior doctor contracts

‘Extending services is not going to save any more lives’

I went to an outdoor gym and it made me feel like a caveman

You haven’t felt manly till you’ve flipped a truck tyre in Shoreditch

Justin Timberlake has just released the obligatory ‘song of the summer’

You’re going to really hate this in a few months

Oxford University will not expel Rhodes Must Fall founder

42,000 people called for his bursary to be revoked