Your romantic rating according to your degree

It’s not great news for Physics

As Valentine’s Day fades into pleasant memory, the pressure to show off your soft side has eased somewhat. Still, for some of us, romance comes easy, for others it’s further removed than the second cousin on their mum’s side.

Geography

7/10 – They probably gave you a Valentine’s Day Card they have coloured in themselves (how thoughtful) and then take you for a long, romantic walk along the beach whilst boring you by talking extensively about longshore drift.

Law

5/10 – Depends on whether or not they have won the argument yet.

Politics

4/10- Either self-absorbed wannabe politicians or completely cynical about everything in the world, politics students don’t have much time for romance, but instead claim to ‘love everyone’ whilst simultaneously hating everyone else who disagrees with them.

Philosophy

4/10 – Generally rather confused, Philosophy students are too busy having multiple existential crises to bother with romance.

History

6/10 – Often very traditionalist, history students can be quite the hopeless romantics, perhaps surprising you with a trip to Chatsworth house where you can envision your wedding together. It’s just a shame history students’ love lives are as dusty as their text books.

Business

5/10 – Business students are productive and strategic and follow these rules when it comes to romance. No spontaneity or surprises, but at least you will always know what’s happening.

English Literature

10/10 – Quintessentially and perhaps somewhat stereotypically English Literature students are the epitome of the hopeless romantics. Inspired by Shakespeare’s sonnets, Romeo and Juliet and Wuthering Heights, a literature student knows the real depths of love. Will probably also write you poems over text.

Shakespeare would be proud

French

8/10 – Studying the language of luuuuurve, these students don’t even have to try when it comes to romance. I mean, what says romance more than your significant other saying French phrases in a fancy French accent. “Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?” “oui, oui.”

Psychology

5/10 –  One problem: they just never stop talking about their mother.

Engineering

?/10- Inconclusive. You need experience of having a ‘significant other’ to be romantic.

At least the maths is good.

Computer Science

3/10 – Apparently there’s something sexy about someone who knows a more complex way to fix your computer than just turning it off and on again, but when it comes to romance, these students will probably prefer to have a candlelit dinner with their computer.

Film

9/10 – Either watching what’s on the screen or living their own epic love stories. Film students live their lives like a film. They probably go for dates in IKEA, plan their future kitchen together, even name their future kids, and to be honest, we are probably all a little bit jealous.

Economics

5/10 – Often viewed as generally quite selfish, but are also the able to supply romance on demand when expected or needed, so you are in luck for Valentine’s Day.

Maths

4/10 – The problem is they just never stop talking about their ‘x’. I guess you could say that’s cute?

Biology

6/10 – Biology students know probably a little bit too much about the anatomy and consequently might weird you out during sex.

Chemistry

5/10 – “If I could rearrange the periodic table, I’d put Uranium and Iodine together.” With one liners like these, the chemists have definitely got it, but only if you’re a chemist too or happen to know the periodic table symbols.

Physics

3/10 – Like maths students, physics students like things to be simple and logical. Romance and love do not fall into this category. They most likely need a step-by-step guide on ‘how to be romantic’.