What’s the worst drunk injury you have ever got?

If you haven’t come back with a bruise, did you even go out?

We’ve all had those nights out where we come back with bumps, bruises, and scratches. But some of us are more than just the usual clutz.

We hit campus to ask you what’s the worst drunk injury you have ever got?

Josh, Mechanical Engineering, second year 

Meet Josh, his night out resulted in his hands being cut up more than the average person. Becoming ‘Amy Winehands’ for the night, I doubt he was singing ‘You Know I’m No Good’ as he taped wine bottles to his hands. Sounds like a laugh until the wine bottles smashed and his hands got sliced up.

Olivia, English Lit, second year 

Olivia here took falling over and grazing your knee to a new level as she fell over in Plug and needed taking to A&E to have it stitched up. Sitting in Northern General at 4 am is not exactly how most of us would want to spend a night out, that’s for sure. Luckily for her, the Plug bouncers came to her rescue and even gave her free entry for her next visit.

Sarah, English Lit, second year 

Next up, yours truly. I’m sure we’ve all bumped our heads at some point, it’s inevitable. Only mine was the result of trying to down my drink as quickly as my housemate. I started feeling very dizzy so I sat down, only when my eyes opened slightly, I was being carried by the hands and the feet into Plug’s medical room. When I became fully conscious, I was sat in  A&E, vomiting and having a light shone into my eyes. I’d apparently fell sideways and hit my head on a gambling machine knocking myself unconscious and resulting in what can only be described as what looked like a second head growing from my forehead.

Lucy, History, second year 

This is Lucy, the first year party princess. One week into Uni and the flat had already had to ring for paramedics for her. She drank herself into a state in which her feet couldn’t locate the stairs and she tumbled down the O2 Academy steps. Managing to make it back to Endcliffe, she passed out in her bed, not even stirring for the fire alarm. Turns out though that she was completely fine but the medical report made for a great addition to the flat pinboard.

Charlotte, Chemistry, second year

This is Charlotte, a human blessed more with clumsiness than elegance. She took a tumble in Plug and was unable to stand properly. The bouncers, again, came to the rescue scooping her up and carrying her to the medical room. Refusing to let her tights be cut, friends had to strip her and redress her before her ankle could be examined by the Plug team. Of course, the night ended in Northern General as it turned out that her ankle was dislocated and broken in two places. Slightly more dramatic that most people’s night out.

Matthew, Biomedicine, second year

Now, this is a classic, nothing too unheard of for the people of Sheffield. Matthew enjoyed the standard Wednesday night out in Corp, where else? Taking a tumble down the horror that is Corp stairs, he came back with a few sizeable bruises but that’s just Corp initiation, right?