Tributes paid to Hallam fresher Caroline Everest

Friends and family are paying their respects

Dozens have paid tribute to Caroline Everest after the discovery of a woman’s body in the River Porter this morning.

The Sheffield Hallam first year, 18, has been missing since leaving Corporation nightclub at 2.40am on Sunday 22nd November.

Although not yet formally identified, police believe the body to be that of the missing student.

Shocked friends paid tribute to Caroline, who had begun her Biosciences and Chemistry course in September, on Facebook.

In a statement on their Facebook page , Sheffield Hallam University posted: “We’re deeply shocked and saddened to hear that South Yorkshire Police have today found a body they believe to be Caroline Everest.

“Our thoughts at this time are with Caroline’s family and close friends.”

James Simms wrote: “RIP Caroline Everest. A beautiful, fun-loving, talented young girl, she will be missed by so many. My love and prayers to Becky and the rest of the family.”

Jessica Smith commented: “RIP sweetie shine bright up in that sky my thoughts are with your family and friends.”

South Yorkshire Police are still appealing to anyone who may have seen Caroline after she left the nightclub on Milton Street.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 998 of the 22nd November.