How to keep cool in the library

Keeping it icy in the IC

national

With the IC reaching sweltering temperatures and rumours rife of faulty air conditioning, the study climate has been described by many as “sub-saharan anarchy”.

In order to help you reach peak revision zen whilst braving such treacherous conditions, we explore the many practical and day-to-day options for IC survival.

Bring frozen treats

Doubling up on the need for comfort food and maintaining a pleasant body temperature during the revision period, one obvious option at your leisure is munching on a chilled confection.

It also serves as a great way to get your daily dose of vitamin C to keep those brain cells at optimum thinking power.

Brain food

Use revision notes to fan yourself

By elegantly folding up your painstakingly well-organised revision notes, you can create a classy but hugely practical solution for keeping cool, whilst channeling your inner Audrey Hepburn at the same time.

Frankly, this is the best use you’ll get out of your worthless note-taking anyway.

Stylish. Modern. Timeless

The wet flannel technique

With this accessible home remedy straight out of Good Housekeeping, you can keep cool, relax, and imagine yourself miles away in a blissful spa.

We recommend The White Company’s 2015 Egyptian Cotton collection for ultimate forehead hydration.

What a wet flannel

Sip on your cocktail of choice

By far the most refreshing of our options, the only way to both keep cool and look suave at your desk is to bring along a few glasses and your favourite summer tipple.

This technique expertly combines revision and pre-drinks, saving valuable time in the process to optimise your learning experience.

The perfect combination

Lie on an air vent

This is definitely the least subtle of the options, but also the most self-explanatory: find a vent and lie down on it. This provides the ultimate partnership between relaxation and keeping cool.

To emphasise the breeze effect, try rolling from side to side.

Subtle, yet effective

The ice bath

By far our most drastic technique for beating the IC heat, resting your weary feet in a cooling Nordic-inspired paradise will leave you feeling refreshed and revitalised.

This is also the only time it is socially acceptable to remove your shoes in the library, or any public domain for that matter.

Zenning out.

Just leave.

Simple yet effective. Get up and leave this fiery humid hell behind.

I didn’t get up at 5 a.m for this shit