Egham MP is the new Chancellor

You’ll probably see him in Smiths

It’s official, we’re famous.

Last week saw the appointment of the second female Prime Minister of Great Britain. When she took office, Theresa May had a drastic re-shuffle of the cabinet, with figures such as Bojo becoming Foreign Secretary, and the previous Chancellor leaving the cabinet.

Amid this reshuffle Egham’s MP, Philip Hammond, also became part of the cabinet. Now becoming even more important than Boris, Philip Hammond is the new George Osborne, the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Hammond has been Conservative MP for Runnymede and Weybridge since 1997, and has previously held other important government roles, such as Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs; however, Chancellor is by far the most important role our MP has ever taken up.

Let’s reiterate: he is from Egham. The pretty irrelevant town where the Vape shop is actually too hipster for us, and neck tattoos are rife.

The MP for Runnymede and Weybridge will now control the purse strings of the country, including the rate of student fees. So this means that the man that controls our debt will be right on RoHo students’ doorsteps, lucky him.