Why you should write for The Tab Royal Holloway next term

You know you wanna

We’re recruiting new writers to join our team. If you want your work read by millions of people, free parties and an incredible addition to your CV, you should join us.

Read why our current team love writing for The Tab.

Click here to sign up and start writing for The Tab Royal Holloway

Tegan Marlow, Co-Editor

Apart from the obvious CV points, it’s been great to have a say in what gets published on the site and how. Working alongside one of my best friends is pretty cool too. Meeting people from other Tabs is awesome, we recently had a night out in London with all the other London Tabs as well as people from HQ. Everyone loves to have a good time – it’s really sociable, nobody takes themselves too seriously. You can just be yourself.

Isabel Gonzalez-Prendergast, Co-Editor

We are a big family. Everyone on the team is lovely, our meetings are basically just a big, chilled friendly chat about what’s going on at Roho. We have worked hard to create an open space for discussion about important issues on campus, Tegan and I love being able to publish things people care about, as well as the jokey stuff.

Last month we had the highest percentage of our uni population reading our site…in the world – casual. In seven months we have gone from 200 Facebook likes to over 2,000 and we are rapidly gaining more writers and readers, boppin our way to the top Sharpay Evans style, yaknow.

Our team is dedicated to writing articles that you want to read, so what’s a better way to make sure what you want to read about is being written than to join our team?

Talia Melesi, Interviews Editor

Talia (right) with news editor Amanda. And wine

Writing for The Tab Royal Holloway was one of the best decisions I’ve made at university. I’ve always had an interest in writing and the Tab is a great way to get your voice heard on an international platform. There are so many great opportunities, including the workshops they run with people in the journalism industry. The Tab opens so many doors for young writers and you get to meet so many amazing people.

Their training days earlier this term gave us an insight into the life of a journalist. We had talks from several national journalists including AA Gill who talked to us about some of his personal experiences. The workshop was open to all Tab writers and was definitely not an event to miss. It made me even more keen on becoming a writer.

We won a boozy dinner for smashing our target of 200,000 pageviews in a month – work hard play hard lads

Amanda Cashmore – News Editor

Writing for the Tab RoHo is fun because we’re such a small uni – people care about what happens and even some of the smallest stories get students interested. Even if people don’t like what you’re putting out there, your voice is being heard. Plus, things have been crackers in Egham at the moment, so you don’t want to miss out on being the writer who told campus about the latest riot or egging or bit of back gate uproar.

Kirstin Bunce, Experience Editor

After taking part in the Eggham Café food challenge

It’s a good experience writing fun things about uni, it’s a massive confidence builder for your writing skills, and you get to experience things you probably wouldn’t even think about doing (like food challenges for example.)

Amy Habib, Argument Editor

Join the tab! It’s so much fun! you meet loads of lovely people… and you also get a free shirt.

Eli Marino, Fashion Editor

The Tab is great because it gives you the opportunity to learn what it’s like to be a writer whilst being in the action. It gives you the chance to socialise with people at your uni and find out what people’s different opinions may be.

Come join our team, or we may cry.