Plymouth undergrad adopts stray dog who saved her from being attacked

The Tab

She travelled back to Greece and spent thousands to bring Pepper to England

A Plymouth student was attacked by two men in Greece but was saved by a stray dog – and then spent thousands of pounds to bring the heroic pooch home to live with her.

Georgia Bradley, 25, was approached by the aggressive males when she rejected their advances on a remote beach in Crete.

Holidaymaker Georgia Bradley with Pepper the dog who saved her from a group of aggressive men. See SWNS story SWDOG: A British tourist being attacked by two men in Greece was saved by a stray DOG - and then spent thousands of pounds to bring the heroic pooch home to live with her. Holidaymaker Georgia Bradley, 25, was surrounded by the aggressive males when she rejected their advances on a remote beach. Student Georgia's boyfriend was in a nearby cafe when the two men approached her and asked her to go for a drink. She refused and one of the men grabbed her arm - but a small black abandoned dog suddenly ran over and started barking at them.

Georgia’s boyfriend was in a nearby cafe when the two men approached her and asked her to go for a drink.

She refused and one of the men grabbed her arm – but a small black abandoned dog suddenly ran over and started barking at them.

The pooch stood defiantly by Georgia’s side and the unwanted men fled.

Georgia said: “Pepper shot out of nowhere, jumped up at me and began barking and licking my hand, and that made the men think twice.

“She saved me. She must have noticed something was wrong. When I went back to the apartment she followed me and finally let us stroke her. We had an instant bond.”

Georgia Bradley with her stray dog Pepper. See SWNS story SWDOG: A British tourist being attacked by two men in Greece was saved by a stray DOG - and then spent thousands of pounds to bring the heroic pooch home to live with her. Holidaymaker Georgia Bradley, 25, was surrounded by the aggressive males when she rejected their advances on a remote beach. Student Georgia's boyfriend was in a nearby cafe when the two men approached her and asked her to go for a drink. She refused and one of the men grabbed her arm - but a small black abandoned dog suddenly ran over and started barking at them.

Lucky Georgia returned to the UK from the Greek island unscathed but couldn’t stop thinking about her canine rescuer.

Desperate to be reunited with the mutt she began an epic five week mission to find the stray which involved two further trips to the island.

She flew 6,000 miles back and forth and finally found the dog on the same beach where they first met.

After adopting the dog, who she named Pepper, she flew her home to Calstock, Cornwall.

Pepper the dog who saved holidaymaker Georgia Bradley. See SWNS story SWDOG: A British tourist being attacked by two men in Greece was saved by a stray DOG - and then spent thousands of pounds to bring the heroic pooch home to live with her. Holidaymaker Georgia Bradley, 25, was surrounded by the aggressive males when she rejected their advances on a remote beach. Student Georgia's boyfriend was in a nearby cafe when the two men approached her and asked her to go for a drink. She refused and one of the men grabbed her arm - but a small black abandoned dog suddenly ran over and started barking at them.

Pepper then had a further surprise for her new owner – giving birth to six puppies immediately on arrival.

Georgia wanted to rescue Pepper but the dog was turned away by an animal shelter and a local vet.

She said: “When we left to go to the airport, we looked back and Pepper was running after the car. It was heartbreaking.

“When I got home I couldn’t stop thinking about her so I took the soonest flight back out that I could, which was two weeks later.

“It was a real risk because we may never have found her again. But when we saw Pepper on the beach, it was the best feeling ever.”

Georgia then had it confirmed that Pepper was a stray and she was able to find a more accommodating vet.

She was then microchipped and given a pet passport.

One of Georgia Bradley's stray dog Pepper's young pups. See SWNS story SWDOG: A British tourist being attacked by two men in Greece was saved by a stray DOG - and then spent thousands of pounds to bring the heroic pooch home to live with her. Holidaymaker Georgia Bradley, 25, was surrounded by the aggressive males when she rejected their advances on a remote beach. Student Georgia's boyfriend was in a nearby cafe when the two men approached her and asked her to go for a drink. She refused and one of the men grabbed her arm - but a small black abandoned dog suddenly ran over and started barking at them.

Pepper then had to spend 21 days in quarantine in boarding kennels before being able to travel to the UK.

Finally, Georgia returned to Crete for a third time to collect Pepper – and the kennel owner told her she was pregnant.

A week after arriving back in the UK, Pepper gave birth to six puppies.

Georgia said: “It has been such a crazy journey. But I am over the moon.  Pepper has settled in brilliantly.”

NOW WATCH:
The Tab Plymouth The Tab Plymouth News