Letter from the Oxford Tab Editor: Time to Party

In collaboration with the Oxford Writers’ House, the Oxford Tab is having a Meet & Greet Party!

Hide Images

Location: The Jam Factory,
Hollybush Row, Oxford, OX1 1HU
Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Time: 6 – 8 PM
RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/171530606682267/?active_tab=about

This is the Oxford Tab’s “Mother Hen” speaking. Thank you for taking the time to read the Tab and either show your hate or love for our articles. Now as much as we do love the talking, you know what else would be cooler? If you did the talking too!

While you’re probably sceptical as to why you should join the Tab in the first place – how about getting to know the team? (A.K.A. your new friends/co-workers/potential love interests… maybe?) These are the talented writers who have joined the dark side.

PHOEBE BOULTON:

My name’s Phoebe and I’m a second year History student at Queen’s. As you can imagine doing a History degree means I spend my life reading other people’s opinion, so I enjoy writing for the Tab as a chance to get some of my own out there.

CALYPSO HETHERINGTON:

I’m Calypso, I’m a 2nd year Classicist at Queen’s and I love writing for the Tab because there is nothing more satisfying than being paid absolutely nothing to write articles which won’t garner as much attention as ‘what animal is your uni’. The universal aspect of the Tab, the fact that anyone can write about anything, regardless of how dire, weak and boring it might be, is truly incomparable.

KATIE KNIGHT:

I’m Katie, a first year Classicist! I joined The Tab because I had something to say and I found a really chilled place to do it. You can write as much or as little as you want – it is what you make it! Whether it’s an opinion piece or more serious reporting, it’s a great way to be involved in the Oxford Uni community and find an accessible audience.

MATEI MARIN:

People call me Marin or Mat. I’m doing a BA in Philosophy and Theology. The former of these subjects is basically my life, and the questions which constitute its essence has inspired me to write. I’ve just found the Tab and met some great people with whom I look forward to working and conversing.

GABRIELLE BUCAYA:

Bonjour, I am the Editor for the Oxford Tab. I am undergoing a Creative Writing programme at the University, since I aspire to become the next Bridget Jones. My favourite part about being the “Mother Hen” is keeping up with the latest news around Oxford, and getting the chance to work with such an awesome team.

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!

*Special thanks to the Oxford Writers’ House for organising this event with us.