Woman ‘feared she was drugged’ before allegedly being raped by an Oxford student

She woke up in his student accommodation

A woman says she was raped by an Oxford student after meeting him on a night in Bridge.

The 21-year-old student is accused of raping the woman on October 18th last year – who cannot be identified for legal reasons – who was later found roaming the streets and was helped home by a concerned man walking his dog on Cowley Road, as reported by the Oxford Mail.

The court heard how the woman fears she was drugged before waking up in his room in student accommodation, believed to be Wavy Gate on Collins Street. In a police interview, she said she woke up in his bed, saw her cash, lipstick and cloakroom ticket on the floor. The court heard how she ran off when she noticed her socks and underwear were not on correctly. She said she could not remember much of her time in Bridge with her friends and doesn’t remember leaving with the student – who The Tab are choosing not to name.

She told police:  “I did not know where I was. I wasn’t even sure I was in Oxford. [I was] very scared, increasingly scared as I could not remember anything.”

The defendant initially said he invited the woman back to his home after she forgot where she lived, and let her sleep in his bed while he took the chair. But later he admitted the pair had consensual sex. The student – who is assisted by an interpreter – denies the charges.