Jeremy Irons was at a ‘Constellations’ performance last week

The Golden Globe winning actor made an appearance at last week’s O’Riley production

At the opening night of the O’Riley theatre’s much-awaited ‘Constellations’, there was more to see than just spectacular acting.

Gracing one of the many sides of the colourful, hexagonal stage, was no other than world-renowned actor Jeremy Irons.

Irons at the Berlin film festival

Graduate of the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and frequent star of many theatre productions (his CV includes working alongside the Royal Shakespeare Company and multiple performances at the National Theatre), Irons spent his Wednesday evening last week enjoying the most recent work of Oxford’s hottest student drama. Many were seen subtly fangirling (and fanboying) in their seats as the lights dimmed into the beginning of the play.

Best known for his roles in The Borgias (2011-2013), Lolita (1997) and as the voice of Scar in The Lion King, Jeremy Irons was second in the theatre to initiate the standing ovation at the end, praising the magical performances by actors Callam Lynch and Shanon Hayes, under the direction of Sammy Glover.