Keble Ball sold out in less than 10 minutes

They made £16,000 a minute

Within 9 minutes of general release all 1,600 tickets for Keble’s summer ball were sold out.

At 10am on Saturday, Keble released tickets to their summer ball on 7th May. Often regarded as one of Oxford’s best balls, a ticket to the Keble summer ball is always a hot ticket, and at £99 for non-Keble students, it is one of the most affordable.

This year’s theme, “Panopticon”, has been receiving a lot of hype. One St.Peter’s fresher said: “The Keble theme is the Panopticon – basically the idea of being continually watched. It’s super interesting.”

In keeping with the theme, it seems Oxonian ball goers were all-watchful of their computer screens at 10 a.m on Saturday. Scheduled for the 7th May the Keble Ball, widely acclaimed for being distinguished and entertaining, released its tickets on the 30th of January. Cue the sound of a hundred Oxonian hearts breaking. Whether it was due to an unreliable Eduroam connection, a millisecond delay before clicking “Buy Now” or simply the instability of the website buckling under the weight of its own popularity – many were left disappointed that they missed the opportunity to fork out the £99 for one of the most fashionable Trinity ball going.

The ball looks even more tempting when you have a look at its creepy, totalitarian advert.

If you want to get a ticket for the event, head over to their page and reserve any cancelled tickets, they are having a limited resale in the coming weeks. It looks like its going to be one of the Oxford Balls of the year.