Oxford graduates are the third most employable in the world

Yes, in the world

The 2015 Global Employability University Survey has found that students from Oxford university are the third most employable on the planet.

Despite having topped the list in the past Oxford came after Harvard University and the University of Cambridge, who came first and second respectively.

The survey asks recruiters from 21 major countries to answer questions about the ideal attributes of graduates and universities, before selecting which institutions they think produce the best recruits.

The criteria included past experience with graduates, production of ready-to-work graduates, quality of teaching staff, university ranking, university reputation.

What your future lawyers and doctors look like now

2,400 managing directors of internationally recruiting companies with more than 1,000 employees cast a maximum of 10 votes for local or global universities.

Oxford received 609 votes – 24 less than Cambridge (633), and 53 less than Harvard (662).

The survey also found that UK employers are among the most satisfied with their nation’s higher education system  – giving it 7.3 out of 10 compared with a global average of 6.8.

The UK has nine universities in the top 50, second only to the US, which has 15.