Tory-loving third year buys Jeremy Corbyn’s used coffee cup off eBay

She’s planning to drink champagne from it

Third year philosophy and theology student Eleanor Sharman, 21, was the “lucky” winner of an hotly-contested eBay bid for a disposable paper cup used by Corbyn at a Nottingham Labour rally.

She recruited 14 friends from the Facebook group Open Oxford to help pay the £51 fee for the prized caffeinated beverage container.

Cupturing the spirit of Corbynmania

The eBay listing for the cup – which has touched the controversial lips of JC – went viral and sparked a bidding war which saw 23 separate attempts to nab the item. Eleanor and friends managed to raise an impressive £83 for this worthy cause, although their winning bid came in at the bargain price of £51 – all of which is going to the charity Age UK.

She has now revealed that the cup will be put to good use at Oxford’s Conservative Association, where it will be used by young Tories’ to chug port and champagne at their weekly drinks event. Speaking to The Daily Mirror, she commented “we all love a bit of irony.”

“It will be communally owned. There are a variety of ideas going round about what we can do with it. “We have discussed using champagne. There’s a host of uses waiting for it.

“I imagine it will have to be guarded very closely. It’s become something of a sacred object.”

The cup’s seller Marie Cook admitted that “most people would have put it in the bin.”