These awful graduates thought ‘straight outta Oxford’ really spoke to them

They’re just the worst

We all saw the tasteless Instagram post before it got taken down but we spoke to some dicks who thought it was pretty funny

Luca

“I come from a long line of Italian media barons. My dad’s favourite pastimes are tax evasion and sleeping with people half his age and I just didn’t want to follow in his footsteps. Instead I’d like to pursue a career in corporate, target-based academia and I’ve had loads of offers for over-priced, business-focused Masters programmes. Dad won’t pay for everything though and says I need to work and do a part-time degree but like, what kind of English graduate ends up working in a coffee shop? I’m way better than that. The struggle is-”

We cut him off there.

Minnie

“Hi I’m Minnie but everyone calls me ‘Mins’. I had this great opportunity to do an unpaid internship at the offices of this boutique fashion blog in Shoreditch. It’s called ‘subleme’ – a mixture of sublime and supreme. Anyway mum and dad wouldn’t pay my rent in London. The place I wanted was really modest as well – just an edgy cellar conversion with chipboard walls and no natural light. It was only gonna be £400 a week. I’m stuck at home for now but I don’t want to get a mainstream job where I’m exploited for my labour.”

Henry

“Last summer I spent ten weeks slaving away at this management consultancy firm that provides consultation for management consultancy firms. They didn’t offer me a contract so now I’ve got nothing to go to. It’s a real shame because I’m so passionate about completing tasks and every morning I wake up just raring to be an inspirational team leader. At least I had enough cash after the internship to get absolutely lathered in South East Asia for three weeks. It was a really eye-opening experience.”

Meanwhile, Lawrence didn’t want to be photographed.

“I had a lot of problems at home throughout my degree and I didn’t always want to go back during the vacation. College finally gave me adequate vacation residence before my finals but up until then, I’d had nowhere else to go. It’s the main reason I barely came out with a 2:2 and I’m sort of wondering why I bothered.”