Union exclusive: Sarah Palin drops out…Buzz Aldrin steps in

To infinity and beyond

Buzz Aldrin Moon Union

Famous flaker Sarah Palin has pulled out of speaking at the Union next month.

Now Buzz Aldrin, the second person to walk on the moon, will be appearing at the Union on March 13th, The Tab can exclusively reveal.

The news comes after his talk last term and his talk at the Cambridge Union scheduled for March 14th were both cancelled.

The Oxford Union is confident that his appearance this time will go ahead.

It appears that Aldrin has been scheduled to make up for the fact that infamous US politician Sarah Palin has dropped out – she has cancelled her UK visit for unknown reasons, and so will no longer be speaking at either Oxford or Cambridge. With many Union cancellations in recent months, finally securing Aldrin may appease members.

He’s been to THE MOON

Guys, guys, he’s actually got a footprint on the MOON. Do you have a footprint on the moon?

One student said: “I’m really disappointed that Sarah Palin’s dropped out – I wanted to hear her speak because it would have been hilarious. But Buzz Aldrin’s pretty cool too, I guess. Not nearly as racist, so at least there won’t be protests this time.

Aldrin will talk on the last day of term about his experiences, with a Q and A with Union members immediately after.