Oxford has more millionaire grads than Cambridge

By ,         on

401 of Oxford's alumni have over $30million to their names.

Oxford produces more millionaires than any other UK uni, according to recent stats.

The University Ultra-High Net Worth Alumni Rankings record the net worth of university graduates who are worth more than $30million.

And it’s official: with 401 of Oxford’s wealthiest alumni making the list, we’re the most likely UK grads to become millionaires.

Non-American unis ranked. Most importantly, we’ve beaten Cambridge

The report recorded a whopping 401 Oxonians with more than $30million to their names, adding up to an astonishing net worth of $51billion. That puts us at number one in the world, excluding American universities.

Other UK unis to make the list include:

– Cambridge with 361 mega rich alumni

– Imperial with 127

– UCL with 99

401 of our alumni made the list

Of the Oxonians who made the cut, 68% are self-made millionaires, while 14% inherited their money. Meanwhile, 94% of alumni on the list are male, with just 6% being female.

68% of Oxford’s mega-rich are self-made

Although Oxford has the highest number of rich alumni, the net worth of The Other Place’s grads is higher, totalling $93billion.

Still, we’re more likely than them to become millionaires. And that’s what really matters.

But before you crack open the bubbly, Oxford’s no where near the premier league of unis with stinking-rich alumni. American institutions are rolling in it, with Harvard’s wealthiest grads raking in $622billion. We rank a measly 16th overall, behind the University of Michigan.

• The Hon. Tom Gibbs

How many millionaire undergrads?

• AlyR

Additional credz to Caitlin McCreight and Thea MJ who may or may not go here.

• Abbie

I got an email saying if you sign into myaberdeen click on the organisations tab then your subject and then timetables you can see all the classes of that subject for the second half session. Hope this helps people.

Heard something newsworthy?

By on

The other, better, things you could spend your £250 Union membership fee on

At least we’re honest about how we screw you

By ,         on

Clubbers of the week

Only two more weeks of Bridge to get through

By , Chief Reporter on

The one that got away: An interview with Caggie Dunlop

She doesn’t even watch Made in Chelsea any more

By , Contributing Editor on

Buying drugs used to be dangerous and sexy, now it’s for nerds

If you buy with bitcoin you’re a neek

By , Chief Reporter on

How to get into a Boiler Room DJ set

There are a few options

By ,         on

How to have sex at a house party

‘Have you seen the rest of the flat? I’ll give you a tour’

By , Head of Marketing on

There’s just something about girls who DJ

They exude coolness

By , Argument Editor on

If quoting a film gets them kicked out of uni, it’s no wonder medics aren’t fun

A Leicester medic channelled Liam Neeson and paid a heavy price