The Nottingham Easter Ski Trip 2017 is going to TIGNES

It’s time to switch it up

Nottingham’s infamous Easter ski trip has, in recent years, become somewhat of a pilgrimage to Val Thorens. But not this year. The UoN Snowsports Easter Trip 2017 is going to the world-renowned resort of Tignes, and here’s why people are getting excited about it.

It’s big.

Located in the French Alps, Tignes is linked with Val d’sere and widely regarded as the resort’s trendy and diverse sister. Being part of the massive Espace Killy ski area, there’s more runs than you can shake a stick at (300km of to be exact). These range from easy green and blue runs for those who have never skied before, all the way to black Olympic downhill runs. And for the park rats, there are two great snowparks only a few lifts away.

It’s about as snow sure as you can get.

Whilst you can never guarantee what the snow-gods will bring on your ski holiday, pretty much your best bet will be here: Tignes sits beneath two glaciers. The Grande Motte, which is at 3656m, is easy to access and has skiing all year round. The resort itself is also at high altitude, so you can expect good snow coverage.

There’s great aprés, bars clubs and restaurants.

Just a couple of lifts away from Tignes Val Claret is the ORIGINAL Folie Douce, which is probably the most famous mountain-side party venue in the alps. There’s no doubt you’ll be making a few stops here during the trip, and getting some of those sunny insta-bangers to document your experience. Nightlife in town includes Saloon bar (an alpine favourite) and the underground nightclubs La Blue Girl and the Melting Pot. And when you’re hungry, make sure you try the kangaroo steak at the Couloir restaurant or stop off for a mean burrito at Tignes Cuisine, Le Lac, for lunch.

There’s a Pool Party?!!

The Easter trip is famous for it’s jam packed schedule of events, such as the messy mountain meal and massive terrace parties. However, the trip’s new location means that (on top of all the favourites) two brand-new events are debuting. According to the Easter Trip Facebook event page, more information will be released in the run up to booking, but there will be a Funicular Party at the top of the mountain and boozy pool party too. So bring your cozzies.

[iframe url=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/eogfTCdFu9s” width=”700″ height=”300″]

With just shy of 1000 people booked on last year’s trip, this one looks like it’s going to be to be one of the biggest and best yet.

Booking for the UoN Snowsports Easter Trip 2017 opens on the 10th February at midday.