Notts English Student wins second paralympic gold medal

He won every match in his competition class

An English student studying at The University of Nottingham Ningbo Campus has just won Gold in the men’s table tennis singles at the Rio Paralympic games.

Zhao Shuai is a table tennis player for the Chinese Paralympic team and on September 13th, 2016 he defended his 2012 title.

man like Zhao
(photo credit:http://blogs.nottingham.ac.uk/olympics/2016/09/14/gold-medal-table-tennis-superstar-student/)

After the game, he said: “Thank you for all your support and encouragement. I’ve defended my gold medal in the men’s singles and I will try my best to do well in the group competition. Come on!

“This game has given me respect and confidence. Table-tennis is my life.”

Zhao Shuai is one of the few students in China to receive the Deng Yaping Sports Scholarship. This allows Chinese sportspeople to attend some of the world’s elite universities and give them training in their sport.

Deny Yaping himself is also a table tennis player and University of Nottingham Alumni.

Zhao Shuai is currently studying one of the CELE run English proficiency courses and intends to return to Ningbo to continue his studies and will be joining his team mates for the 2016 Paralympic grouped table tennis matches.