Campus style: Winter wrap ups

Surviving the storms in style

We’ve all seen the scandalised weather reports lately. Storm Henry and his windy pals are on their way, so it’s time to tie down your garden furniture and don your finest pair of snow boots because word on the street says it just got even harder to survive at uni.

If you were at all worried, cease to be, Nottingham students have got survival style covered. From oversized coats and scarves to beanies and boots, we’ve got the best ways to work the ‘I brushed my hair when I left the house but now I look like Stig of the Dump’ vibe.

Maisie, first year Theology and Religious Studies

If in doubt, an oversized scarf will always deliver. Pair it with a duster coat like Maisie for effortless warmth.

Coat: River Island

Scarf: Primark (Bargain! Stylish and overdraft proof!)

Jeans: Topshop

Boots: Topshop

Bag: UrbanOutfitters

Go to winter clothing and store: A chunky scarf and Topshop, they never disappoint for layering!

Brad, first year French and Philosophy

It’s not just girls who avoid the windswept look, boys are pulling it off too by donning the beanie.

Coat: My dad’s Adidas jacket (practically vintage right?)

Jumper: Superdry

Jeans: Topman

Hat: Burton

Shoes: Onitsuka

Got to winter shop: Ebay

With a mix of parental borrowing and Ebay, second hand clothing seems legit when braving the storms. Why? Because if it can last the test of time it can last the test of gale-force!

Lauren and Toby, first year Psychology

Couples do matching winter wear…

Lauren

Hat: A market stall somewhere I can’t remember

Coat: Pretty Little Thing

Jeans: Misguided

Jumper: Misguided

Shoes: Adidas Superstar

Got to winter item: Bobble hats

Toby

Coat: Fat Moose brought on Asos

Joggers: Gap

Shoes: Asics

Go to winter item: Any type of joggers for comfort

Tia Miller, first year Geography

As the ‘arctic’ conditions roll in, adding some fur to any outfit  creates ultimate glamour. Just remember  to stay faux.

Coat: River Island

Jeans: Topshop

Necklace: Next

Boots: Primark

Bag: River Island men’s section

Go to winter item: Anything with fur!

Yvonne Conroy, third Year English

Swap snow boots for Timberland’s for practicality AND style.

Coat: Zara

Jeans: Topshop

Boots: Timberland

Go to winter item: An oversized coat, you can wear as many jumpers as you like underneath!

It seems that when the apocalyptic weather does hit (if ever), Nottingham students have got it covered. Swap snow suits for oversized coats, layer up with a big cosy scarf (which can double up as a blanket when stranded in snow), protect the hair with a beanie and brave Portland hill with a sturdy pair of boots. Now you’ve got no excuse not to make it to uni…