Cornerhouse cordoned off as another local is stabbed

When will it end

Two men have been taken to hospital after a stabbing outside Cornerhouse.

It’s believed that the stabbing happened at 2am this morning in the Theatre Square area, where TGI Friday’s and parts of the Cornerhouse have been cordoned off as investigations continue.

Photo credit : Nottingham Post

The unnamed man and another – who was also injured but not a victim of any stab wounds – were taken to QMC, but have now both been discharged with reports stating that neither of the men’s injuries were serious.

Officers are currently keeping tight-lipped on the actual happenings during the early hours of this morning, after one man who worked at the Cornerhouse asked police about the nature of the incident. His request was followed by the simple reply of “there was an incident last night.”

Photo credit: Nottingham Post

Two officers are said to be standing guard at the cordon and there was still a police car present around 8:20am this morning.

This comes after an incident that occurred in broad daylight earlier this month, where a man was slashed with a blade at the Market Square carnival.

In 2013, 15-20 people were involved in a brawl outside Gatecrasher in which three people were stabbed.

Recent crime statistics show that incidents of violent crime in Nottinghamshire have increased from 1,538 to 1,816 in the last year year.

Police are urging anyone with info to contact them on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.