Want to watch a Nottingham student put his head through a table for £20?

and

Yes

In a spectacular showing of intellectual prowess, a student has been videoed smashing his head through a sitting room table.

Surrounded by a number of spectators, a third year Geography and Business student revs himself up for probable injury.

The remains...

The remains…

In a longer video of events, an onlooker is heard saying, ‘Someone’s going to hospital tonight’.

Another tempts him with monetary incentive, ‘Mate, come on, for twenty quid you can do it.’

After a couple of false starts, and a lot of toing and froing, the deed is done. And yes, for at least a little while, he does get well and truly stuck.

However, eventually he emerges looking battered, bruised, but victorious.

after face

Have a look at how it all went down:

He told The Tab: “After an alcohol filled tripped to Gold Teeth the guys arrived back to the house as per without the faintest idea of what was to unfold.

“The coffee table that we had once cherished and loved was to become but mere scraps in the back yard.

“My housemate Scott was the first to arouse suspicions of the possibility of a Man vs Furniture showdown.

“As with most students, I’m skint, and so the prospect of a crisp £20 note coming into my possession was an offer I couldn’t refuse.

“The challenge was apparent, ram my head as hard and as fast as possible into the seemingly solid table. Simple.

“In my fully inebriated state I completely ignored the cries of desperation that my female counterparts expressed and continued regardless in order to satirise the male bravado that had arisen.

“In the build up to the attack I expressed my desire to headbutt the table with such lines as ‘My head is a f****** rock’ and ‘I’ll just imagine I am smashing a hole in the floor below.’

“Having broken my nose three times before this in various rugby matches, I probably should’ve listened but instead after a few ‘psyche up’ inhales and exhales, was ready to destroy this poor table.

“In one swift movement I was able to penetrate the surface and whilst fully trapped in the table screamed ‘Yes, I did it.’

“One of the more difficult and certainly most painful part of the encounter was not the head slam itself but the event which was to follow.

“Another of my considerate housemates decided it would be funny to flip me over while still stuck inside the sharp edges of a wooden table. This hurt. I was completely incapacitated and at one point pondered if this really was the end.

“Thankfully another from the crowd flipped me back and after ripping my head out of the table was able to begin the jubilation of winning £20.

“Grabbing my mates and screaming I sat down as victorious blissfully unaware of the blood streaming from my face and nose.

“Unfortunately it wasn’t until the next day that my housemates kind of wanted a new table which ended up costing £15. £5 for smashing my head through a table… not worth it. The reaction I had from my mates… priceless.”

• Law Prick

It insults my intelligence that such a person is allowed into the same institution as me.

• Morky Mork and The Funky Bunch

Bore off you choppa

• The Woodsman

How drole. Wait no, your a cunt.

• You’re at Uni?

You’re*.

Jesus they are making the exams easier.

• Fail.

Jesus,*

/sigh

• What a mug

I romance with the idea that he’s in fact a trent student

• Nope

He’s not

• Anon

His ‘housemate’ who flipped him over with his head stuck on the table is an idiot. He could broken his neck/back/anything.

• Arwen Langham

The world would have been better off if that had occurred.

• Anon

Wait a minute, he’s a rugby player? The SU should surely step in and ban the club from from varsity for this.

• UON

How mature – his family must be so proud

• qwertyuiop

Proves that some people will do anything for a bit of attention. What a fucking idiot.

• Guest

like writing a shite comment on an article, fuck off you attention-seeking whore

• hehe

this was brill

Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Nottingham Deputy Editor of The Tab

BNOC of the Year 2016: The final round

Forget the EU Referendum, this is the most important vote you’ll cast this year

, Nottingham Deputy Editor of The Tab

Meet the two third years who run Crisis

They also created the Robin Hood 7s event

, Deputy Editor

Nottingham rises six places in Guardian rankings

But we just missed out on the top 20

What not to say to someone with depression

No, they can’t just ‘snap out of it’

, Argument Editor

Predicting Jose Mourinho’s first season in charge of Man Utd

12 months with The Special One

, National Editor

Are these the most pointless Uber journeys ever?

Mate it’s just down the road

How much of a commitment-phobe are you?

If you like it, please don’t put a ring on it

, Assistant Editor

What living with a bi-polar parent taught me about mental illness

Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s fake

, Scottish Correspondent of The Tab

Uni life at Cambridge made me nearly kill myself, calling dad stopped me

Suicide is the biggest killer of men under thirty in the UK