The top five events to look forward to this semester

There’s a light at the end of the exam tunnel

It’s here. The last semester of the year.

With exams and deadline stress at an all time high, we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the top five things students have to look forward this semester. So don’t worry its not all doom and gloom.

Course Balls

At first glance your course ball may not seem like something to get excited about, and they aren’t exactly the cheapest thing, but you can always have them down as a fail-safe good night. Balls will be taking place from now until early June, and let’s face it, when else will you get pissed with your lecturers?

UEA Sports’ Awards 2017

The UEA Sports’ Awards are in their second year and give the chance for UEA’s greatest sports teams to celebrate their achievements *cough* Derby Day *cough*. Taking place on the 12th May, you can now nominate a club or an individual for one of fifteen awards. The event includes a two course meal with wine, which doesn’t sound bad if you ask me.

Zig Zag

UEA’s first student-led festival promises to be a big event with live bands, electronic music, spoken word, art and drama to name a few things all going on at the event to celebrate all the different creative arts going on at UEA. Zig Zag will be presented by the Live Music Society and everyone’s favourite student radio station, Livewire. Art exhibits, drama, comedy, and acoustic music will take place in the daytime, while student bands and DJs will get to take over the outdoor Amphitheatre and the LCR in the evening. Zig Zag takes place on the 20th May.

Pimp My Barrow

Pimp My Barrow promises to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, day on campus. The fancy dress parade takes place on May 13th and all money raised is used to support the local cancer charity ‘the Big C’. Make sure you’ve got your dressing-up game on point, not to forget decorating your barrow as well. Pimp My Barrow is an event any self respecting UEA student cannot afford to miss. Did I mention is also ends with a huge LCR night? Like really really huge.

Last year

Exit Ball 2017

This isn’t some fancy dressy up ball like other unis have, UEA’s Exit Ball is the LCR to be at. As always it is ram-packed with things to do. A quick round off includes an outdoor cinema with free popcorn and candy floss, Lethal Bizzle and Bugzy Malone in the LCR, a silent disco, a ferris wheel and helter skelter, a woodland chill out area, and stalls with food and milkshakes (alcoholic and virgin). This year’s Exit Ball promises to be an absolutely huge LCR night, so make sure you’re there on June 16th.