Overheard on the groupchat UEA Edition

How would you be passive aggressive with the flat group-chat?

The group-chat , the flat-chat , the house-chat, all variations of the same theme. A place where the most up to date gossip and news can be spread easily and effectively to all your nearest and dearest. A place where you can tell someone off for not taking the bins out, without actually having to talk to them directly, a place where a GIF or meme speaks a thousand words. The Tab recognises the importance of the group chat and have put together a collection of some of things “overheard” on them , that make them oh so special.

Everyone’s favourite housemate, the Grammar Nazi

Remember your flatmates are always concerned about your sex life.

Or lack thereof.

Of course the most common sight on any group chat is the passive aggressive essay about someones food being eaten without the owner’s permission. Absolutely classic.

In these turbulent times, the chat can get political out of nowhere

There is always one flatmate who is eyeing up the next free meal…

Just because you live with someone doesn’t mean they really know you, or do they?

Passive aggressiveness isn’t so much a way of dealing with someone as it is an art form.

Sometimes you wonder if all your nagging is actually worth it…

Through it all the group-chat is something which binds us all together, like 2 for £4 VKs and like a VK no matter how bad they make us feel we always end up going back for more.