Do you feel safe using the toilets on campus?

We asked you whether you feel safe after the news broke that someone had been setting up secret cameras in toilets across campus

After the shocking revelation that a former UEA student had been filming women in the toilets in the library, the LCR and accommodation we thought it was appropriate to find out if it has affected how safe UEA students now feel around campus.

Aida, post-grad, Translations 

“I did feel safe but now I don’t – I used to think gender neutral toilets was a cool idea but not anymore.”

Vanessa, first year, Environmental Geography and International Development 

“I feel safer now he has been arrested. I think it’s very surprising that it happened, surely if it was going on for a while people would have been suspicious.”

Maita, second year, Law

“I definitely do not feel safe, it could happen again at any time especially as it probably took a while for them to find out. Gender neutral toilets should be somewhere you can feel safe but this has now really undermined that.”

Murray, second year, Film and English 

“I myself feel safe but I can see how women would feel unsafe – men usually target woman more at voyeuristic acts.”

Jeremy, third year, Business Economics 

“I do feel safe now he’s been caught.”

Nick, first year, Computer Science 

“I feel more safe as a male but I’m glad the bastard has been arrested.”

Beckie, second year, Pharmacy 

“When I read it I thought that’s disgusting but now I’m aware of it I feel safer, I’m more cautious, maybe not on an LCR night though.”

Josh, second year, Geography 

“I heard about this, the guy actually used to live in my house last year before I moved in – yeah we still get his post, when I heard about it I wanted to burn it.”