These are the festival essentials you hadn’t thought about

Six man ‘Beer Bongzilla’, anyone?

For many students exam season is thankfully drawing to a close, which means our thoughts are looking ahead to festival season. Getting pissed with your best mates knee-deep in mud, raving to your favourite tunes and just generally partaking in alcohol-fuelled antics you wouldn’t do anywhere else.  Festivals are easily the highlights of the summer, and here at the Tab we’ve compiled a list of a few things you need to take with you.

The Beer Belt

First up, the beer belt. At any other time of the year, if someone tried to give you a sun-baked can of Carlsberg you’d be disgusted. But at a festival it’s essential to carry six tinnies round your waste to show everyone you mean business, ready to neck at a moment’s notice.

A portable phone charger

Avoid paying extortionate prices for festival charging points and remember your portable charger. Yes, you free spirits at Glasto and Secret Garden Party know modern technology is damaging our ability to truly connect with each other, but we all know you’re going to want to post a few snaps.

Disposable shoe covers

Converse have never looked so good

Swap out clunky wellies or those battered trainers from the back of the garage for something comfy and clean. Stick these disposable shoe covers over the top and hit the mud with confidence, then whip them off back at the tent you smartly pitched on a dry spot to reveal sparkling fresh crepes.

Hereplus electronic earplugs

These aren’t available for general sale yet, and are probably beyond most students budgets (at an estimated £140) but they’d be awesome to get your hands on. These wireless earphones link to an app on your phone and let you adjust the sound you hear, with  volume control, a 5-band EQ, preset filters, and layered effects like bass boost, reverb, and flange. Very cool. If you want to splash the cash on these you’ll have to jump on a waiting list.

Joinable Tent Pods

As seen all over social media and described by manufacturers as “The next evolution in social camping”, you can join these tent pods together to form one big tent city for you and all your mates. Great fun, but you do run the risk of dirty looks from fellow campers for taking up half the field.

Big Body Wet Wipes

Everyone knows wet wipes are a festival staple, now you haven’t got to mess around with a ton of little ones – these big body wet wipes tackle all the filth at once. Yes it’s okay to be a little bit disgusting at festivals, but if you’re going to rock the tie-die string vest it’s probably best you have a bit of a wash first.

Six man ‘Beer Bongzilla’

You’ve experienced the beer bong, now meet the ‘bongzilla’, a six-man version of the classic festival accessory for getting too drunk too quickly. Owning one of these is a quick way to let the whole field know that you and your group are the life of the party. It’s glow in the dark too so you can keep going all through the night.