UEA is launching a hip-hop society on the same day as Kanye’s 7th album

Both monumental events will take place tomorrow

A second year Business student is starting up a new hip-hop society, and it’s being launched on the same day as Kanye’s newest album.

Jake Winterborne, the President and founder of Hip-Hop Soc, has been planning the society with the union for months: “It’s a happy coincidence that the two things have fallen on the same day. It’s really helping to increase the hype.

“Everyone I’ve spoken to is really excited about the idea and the kind of events we can run. It’s a surprise, really, that there wasn’t already a society that did this kind of thing at uni.”

Jake has received encouragement from many other societies which are already founded, including the extremely popular Electronic Music Society (EMSoc) which launched this time last year and has already gathered one of the largest followings on campus.

Kanye’s album, which was revealed yesterday to be mysteriously titled T.L.O.P, is also being released on the 11th February – aka tomorrow. We expect the society’s first event will have a heavy Kanye theme as a result.

You can join the society’s group on Facebook here where information about the first events and how to become a member will be posted after the society launches tomorrow.

He’s heard about the society too then

Until then, only one more sleep.