Our American Studies course is the best in the country

We just keep getting better

The Guardian University Guide has ranked our American Studies course number one for the second year in a row.

The league table ranks UK universities on a combination of factors including student to staff ratios, spending, student satisfaction and employment rates six months after graduation.

Beating off competition from Swansea, Liverpool and Manchester, a whopping 95.2 per cent of UEA American Studies students are satisfied with the course.

Oh UEA is wonderful

The new league tables weren’t just good news for the School of Art though – Sports Science bagged a number three spot, while UEA Law soared seven places to the number eight ranking in their field.

Art History came fourth, while Earth and Marine Sciences and Drama also won places in their respective top 10s.

UEA itself was ranked number 20 in the country compared to other UK universities in the prestigious league table, dropping six places from last year’s position.

Nonetheless, we far out-performed rivals Essex, who failed to make it into the top third of UK institutions and were ranked an embarrassing 47th place.

Vice-Chancellor of UEA Prof David Richardson said: “The continued success in American Studies and a strong showing from a host of other disciplines across the university has cemented our place in the Top 20 – among the leading universities in our country.

“Once again, I am extremely proud of all UEA colleagues, students and the students’ union for all they do to make UEA the success it is.”