Blackdale eyesore to be demolished to make room for new halls

No one knows where it is anyway

Wave bye bye to 70s throwback the Blackdale School: local council have approved plans to demolish the former law school and replace it with uni accommodation.

The building works are set to start this month with the aim of being finished by September 2016.

The new, fancy halls are expected to be built in two stages and host around 915 bedrooms, a laundrette and office space.

Shops will also be built near the halls.

The development was proposed to ease the strain on the current UEA facilities, due to the considerable growth in reputation and student numbers.

The Blackdale development is one of the newest additions to the UEA campus

The development will certainly make a change from the current waste of space, as the one-time law school has long been the stuff of exam timetable nightmares.

Clearly in need of some TLC

One tired Law student, who has bravely completed this arduous journey on many occasions, said of the news: “Good riddance! The hot flush at the beginning of a seminar will not be missed.”

Compared to the rest of campus, the Blackdale school is unworthy of being on any campus tour

The drastic changes at Blackdale are the latest in a string of campus improvements including the retirement of our very own Ikea-style flat pack, CD Annex, and the new and improved Union House.

A representative of the University said: “We are delighted planning consent for the re-development of the Blackdale site has been granted.

“We hope the investment to provide aspirational student accommodation will further enhance our students’ experience.”

While the cost of the total Blackdale development is yet to be confirmed, it’s estimated the first stage of building will cost upwards of £29 million.

And they still can’t give us free printing credits.