EDL and foes set to clash

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Facebook Twitter

This Saturday the EDL will march in Norwich for the first time, but We Are Norwich are planning to counter them.

Two rival political groups will march to Norwich city hall this Saturday.

The English Defence League (EDL), a radical right-wing group, will march from Castle Gardens. Counter demonstrators We Are Norwich will gather in Chapelfield Gardens prior to the march.

The counter demonstration will meet at 11am.

The EDL are protesting against a decision by the city council, banning a Christian preacher from distributing anti-Islamic “hate-motivated” leaflets from a stall on Hay Hill.

A joint statement denouncing the EDL march was issued from the Church leaders of the Church of England, Roman Catholic, Methodist and Baptist churches, Salvation Army, United Reformed Church and the Quakers.

It said: “The intention of the English Defence League to mount a demonstration in Norwich is entirely unwelcome. Norwich has a long history of welcoming strangers, often in considerable numbers.

“The integration of so many different groups into the life of this fine city is what gives Norwich such richness in its life today. This is a cause for celebration, and we must not allow this honourable tradition to be broken.”

We Are Norwich is a group of local political, community and faith groups. Those to have pledged their support include Josh Bowker, the Union’s academic officer.

Facebook Twitter
  • No to EDL

Just no.

• Lily Denyer

dont know why the EDL even bother coming when we clearly outnumber them!

• carlosthecasual

Why would we care if we are outnumbered? We go where we want

• TheHoops

Carlosthecasual….you soon disappeared when 4000 celtic supporters arrived on the scene didn't you!

• shane

Because you are not unwelcome .

• admiralcheese

fascist chav scum! Enough said.

• Yuhaff

You people make me sick, you are encouraging the Muslim takeover of the sad broken and ethnically polluted U.K. Our forefathers fought and died for this country, and the powers that be have been giving it away ever since, integration,total rubbish,infiltration more like, you should be ashamed of yourselves!

• Alberto

This is BULLSHIT. She asked for me to let her stay!! I lost job for this slut!

• Not Sorry

Maybe don’t call her a slut, you misogynist. You may well have lost your job, but it doesn’t give you the right to call her degrading names.

• lfrench

What, you actually think that’s him?

• Mr Judgemental

If shes not a slut for having sex in a public toilet, then what is she?

• Paul Simpson

Someone having sex in a toilet isn’t a slut its someone having sex in a toilet

• Pottypie

Its clearly someone she just picked up, or it’d say boyfriend, rather than “guy”

• tycukc

i’m not sure the artists impressions is accurate…

• Donzil

How do you have sex by sitting on a girls lap what sort of position is that!

• Rabbi Burns

You need a fairly big willy for it

• bobbob

A kinky position, that’s what.

• hlou14

Is that really a photo of B4 bar? Was it redone over the summer? Currently on placement year so haven’t been on campus since the start of June!

• Paul Simpson

Nah it isn’t a pic of B4 they are closing it next summer to move buildings :)

• aramis

No, its still as dingey as ever… haha.

• Skepta

Where’s Skepta?

• hlou14

Well clearly someone does or I wouldn’t have asked the question… Was that really necessary?

• Anon

Sorry but you are a uneducated, friendless, assuming prick.

• Anon

You assume too much, darling.

Heard something on campus?

By , Senior Tab reporter on

How to dress for every club in Norwich

Body cons at Karma Kafe are a no-go

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Former UEA lecturer facing child porn charges disappears from court

He disappeared just before the jury found him guilty of all charges

By , Features Editor on

Best person on Facebook this week

Netflix and chill is DEAD

By ,         on

VOTE: Who was the best dressed this week?

These people are killing it

By , Durham Editor of The Tab on

Durham Linguists are feckless posers who don’t know the meaning of a real degree

‘Ou est la gare?’

By , Senior Tab reporter on

Best clubbers of the week

You drink, we judge

By ,         on

Third years who found their housemate dead in his room are now being sued for unpaid rent

They were too traumatised to return