Why you should join The Tab Northumbria next term

It’s better than a Digi Monday

We are recruiting new writers and editors to join our growing team.

Read by three million people per month, The Tab writes what you care about in a style you want to read.

We’re the only platform left for genuine debate at university, representing multiple viewpoints on campus and showing Newcastle uni who is really in charge.

To have your stories read by thousands, sign up and become part of the team.

Sometimes we go out

We write about stuff that Northumbria students want to know, from why Tup Tup is overrated to what to wear for every night out in Newcastle.

We’ll teach you great journalism skills.  Our reporters regularly carry out work experience at national papers and have gone on to work for The Guardian, Telegraph, Sunday Times and sites such as Buzzfeed and Vice.

And it’s not just about the journalism, we have legendary socials too. As well as the Northumbria team, we’ve got a team of hundreds of reporters across the UK that meet up for parties every term.

Click here for more info, or to create an account now.

Our fashion beats any other

The Tab Northumbria is going to be even bigger next year, and we want you to be involved.

We’re looking for reporters, section editors and an editor to grow our expanding team.

You don’t need any journalism experience either, as long as you enjoy finding stories and being part of a team – that’s all that matters to us.

Testimonials

Beth Turner, section editor and two year veteran, said: “My best time was on my first social and we all went to powerhouse and it was so much fun and also getting trolled by people about my Claude Gibb article was funny.”

Chanel Kimberley Brown, a senior Tab reporter and expert in fashion, said: “The socials are fab. The funniest thing was probably my baby food diet as I ended up feeling so tired and weak that I ended up crawling round the flat and crying and all my friends thought I was mad when they came round.

“In terms of my favourite article it would probably be my Fashion is a real degree one as it got across the fact that everyone’s stereotype for a design subject isn’t accurate and I never imagined it would get the response that it did.”

Join them in their pride – sign up here to write.