Tup Tup is overrated

Palace? Really?!

Can someone please tell me what the deal is with Tup Tup?

How do people like it? I have been three times in my three years at uni and each night has been possibly the worst I’ve ever had.

There are many reasons why.

What are you doing, people

It’s too small

Considering the club names itself ‘Tup Tup Palace’  the place is much more like a glorified shed. It is just way too small to hold the amount of people it lets in, which results in you spending your whole night battling your way through men in white jeans and girls in bodycon who barge into you with every move you try and make.

There is also hardly any room where you can stand and dance. Most of the room is taken up by tables or the VIP room, because everyone who goes to Tup Tup is just so important, meaning the places you can dance is always crammed full of people.

Don’t even get me started on the so-called smoking area.

It’s just too small and that is the end of it.

Wow, doesn’t this look like fun

The toilets

Okay, granted it’s not the be all and end all of your night out but Tup Tup’s literally take the piss.

There is about seven toilets in total, and you have to queue in the tiny corridor to get in and out of them. By the time you’ve barged your way out, you need a wee again and have to start the queue all over again.

Life is a vicious circle.

Nothing to do with the toilets but at least tup has a photo booth

The events

Is there actually any event in Tup Tup which is good?

I’ve tried out Ice Cream (only because I thought 1D were there – they weren’t) and Persistence on a Sunday, and that was only because it was my friend’s birthday and where else is there to go on a Sunday? They both were abysmal.

fake smiles everywhere

The other main ones now are Fuzoku, (stupid name, probably stupid night), Play Ground (full of Newcastle students) and Kinky Disco, which lets be honest sounds like a sex party.

For the place which names itself ‘Newcastle’s premier nightclub’ it really isn’t, is it?

Celebs

For some strange reason Tup Tup has become the place to go for celebs. Kanye has been, Drake has, even the mighty A-lister Tulisa.

50 Cent is even coming this weekend, just to sit there in VIP and be paid £50,000 for it.

In first year me and my flatmates somehow managed to get ourselves into VIP and it wasn’t that great. It was just a bar and two tables. Us mere peasants didn’t even get free vodka. The cheek!

What a fab VIP selection

They really use this celeb influence to their advantage. When I ventured out as I heard 1D were going to be there, the club was PACKED. Queue’s were out the door and girls such as myself with clearly nothing better to do were hanging around the VIP area desperately seeing if they were there.

They weren’t and that solidified my absolute hate for Tup Tup.

Photo Credits: Lonz, Ice Cream Newcastle, Persistence Newcastle