No more pitch invaders allowed at Northumbria v Newcastle

Streakers, you have been warned

Think back to last year and your fondest memory will probably be a Northumbria fan streaking onto the field and tackling a player at the annual Northumbria v Newcastle “Clash of the Titans” Rugby match.

If you can’t remember, watch it on YouTube. It’s been viewed 800,000 times already.

Don’t be this guy

But all of that’s about to change, as Newcastle Falcons Club, who lend their pitch to the fixture, have seriously clamped down on pitch invaders.

They are issuing more stewards in the stands and a zero-tolerance policy towards anyone other than players and officials entering the field during the game.

what is going on here

The annual match, which usually attracts around 3,000 spectators, has long been dogged with bad behaviour both on and off the pitch.

The club is now hoping these new regulations will stop any such problems, or they will stop lending their Kingston Park pitch to the event.

See how much trouble streakers cause, folks?

The Club is also holding discussions with both universities before this year’s fixture, and will inform spectators of the standards they must upkeep in order for it to continue there.

This year’s event, where Team Northumbria hope to regain their title, will take place on October 7th. Tickets are available from now right until the night.

So fans, be loud and proud but please keep you clothes on this time. It’s chilly in October after all.