Freshers, stop hogging the library

First year doesn’t even count

It’s getting to that time of the semester that if you walk into the library past 10 the chances of getting a computer are pretty slim. 

And let’s face it, Northumbria library doesn’t quite cover the student to computer ratio.

It’s quite obvious who the first, and even second years are. They spend an hour on their phone, another hour talking to their course mate about “how mortal they were last night” and go out for a fag every 5 minutes.

Trust me, first year is not important, or at least nowhere near as important as third year. So you don’t need to waste your time, and my time, by constantly being in there just for the sake of it.

Is that getting work done?

There’s nothing more annoying than arriving to the library after a seminar to walk the entire eight floors and not finding a single computer to work at.

Then you spot someone on Facebook or Youtube and you want to scream at them, especially as by this point of the year all third years are on the brink of having a nervous breakdown.

Thank you for hogging that computer when I need one

Recently, there’s been a number of occasions when a group of lads watching the match on a computer.

Why is this even necessary? If you’re not actually getting any work done, just go home.

It seems like some freshers just go to the library so they can simply socialise with their friends. Well I can tell you, it annoys the fuck out of us that actually want to get work done.

The longest I’ve ever encountered was back at Christmas when two girls did not get any work done but instead talked continuously for two hours. I understand your flatmate was pissed off at you for not helping cook the flat Christmas dinner, but I had a deadline and your whinging was not helpful.

you’re the bane of my life

Moral of the story? Please just be a bit more considerate when you’re having that long phone call, or thought you’d spend your seminar break in the library online shopping.

We have a lot more work to do and you’re just annoying.