The Coca-Cola Christmas truck is in Newcastle TODAY

Christmas is finally here

Many consider the Coca-Cola truck to be the catalyst for the beginning of Christmas, and for those people the magic of Christmas arrives today – at Kingston Park Tesco’s.

The truck will be poised for selfies between 1pm and 9pm.

Visitors will also have the chance to wander through an enchanted winter wonderland.

After this you’ll be handed a free can of Coke, Diet Coke or Coke Zero.

This year, Coca-Cola is expanding its partnership with FareShare, the UK-wide charity that tackles food waste and hunger. An on-pack promotion will enable consumers to Donate a Meal to Someone in Need this Christmas. Taking part is simple, consumers just need to purchase a promotional pack of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Life or Coca-Cola Zero Sugar which features the FareShare logo, take a photo of the label and upload it to cocacola.co.uk/donate. Coca-Cola will then donate 25p for each photo uploaded, enabling FareShare to provide a frontline charity, such as a homeless shelter or older people’s lunch club, with enough food to serve a meal to someone in need.

Once the sun sets there’ll be an after-dark “surprise” – a Christmassy animation screened up against the side of the truck.

If you can’t make it today, Coca-Cola are also spreading their Yuletide magic to Asda in Sunderland, on Leechmere Road.