BNOC of the Year: Wild card

It’s their last chance to make the final

The final of BNOC of the Year is only days away – six places are secured.

But in true X-Factor style we’ve compiled a list of everyone who didn’t manage to get enough votes and have given them one extra chance to make it to the super league.

First and second of this round will join the other finalists in Newcaste’s BNOC of the Year Final.

It’s their last chance. Make your vote count.

George Jeavons-Fellows, Group 1

Stats: Group 1, last, 241 votes

Studies: Architecture and Urban Planning, second year

From: Worcester

Reason for being a big name: Runs Boombox at the SU/ socialite

“He’s a fight night champ, good looking, great facial hair and a personality that could charm Queen Liz herself. What more could you want?

“He knows literally everyone, including locals and bouncers. Can’t walk through town or Jesmond for more than 2 minutes before he stops and knows someone.”

Nadine Landes, Group 1

Stats: Group 1, fourth, 266 votes

Studies: Architecture and Urban Planning, second year

From: Manchester

Reason for being a big name: Frequenting Flares

“Nadine Landes is the original Grime MC and claims to be from ‘the endz’ (Cheetham Hill), where Bugsy Malone is rumoured to be her second cousin. Her nickname is ‘Naughty Nadles’. When not working the pole at Flares, she can be found prowling through her hunting ground, Empress, where she is acclaimed for getting free drinks off innocent boys. Nadine is also the social secretary of both the Riding Club (bareback only) and the Jewish Society.”

Chris Young, Group 1

Stats: Group 1, third, 289 votes

Studies: Politics and Sociology, third year

From: London

Reason for being a big name: Ran unsuccessfully for Union President 2016/17 in February

Chris ran for Union President in February where ended up coming second. His YouTube campaign video, which has around 500 views, featured him working out, going to Greggs, taking a trip to Sinners and mocking Ed Milliband. His slogan was #foreveryoung.

In his own words he doesn’t just work hard, but he plays hard too.

Maddie Fale, Group 1

Stats: Group 1, sixth, 253 votes

Studies: Medicine, second year

From: Leeds

Reason for being a big name: Socialite

“Everyone knows Fale, whether you’re an athlete on a Wednesday night, or just walking round campus. If you don’t know who she is you’ve been living under a rock.”

Josh Chambers, Group 1

Chambers is middle

Stats: Group 1, fifth, 265 votes

Studies: Urban Planing, second year

From: Northern Ireland

Reason for being a big name: Absolute LAD

He lives above Arlo. Could you live in a more convenient location? More commonly referred to by his surname, Chambers, this Northern Irish lad is the biggest charmer Jesmond has ever seen (and not that bad looking).

Has been known to occasionally venture the other side of the tracks for beverages. Made a name for himself on the Ski trip in Easter.

Beccy Cooper, Group 2

Stats: Group 2, last, 219 votes

Studies: Geography, third year

From: Isle of Man

Reason for being a big name: Winning fittest finalist 2016

“Firstly, voted Newcastle’s Fittest Finalist. Secondly, always in Blanc Bar. Thirdly, loves a G&T. Fourthly, doesn’t take herself too seriously. And fifthly, has a MASSIVE social group of friends.”

Diego Díaz de Rivera, Group 2

Stats: Group 2, fourth, 396 votes

Studies: Computer Science, first year

From: Newcastle

Reason for being a big name: Started up clothing label/ DJ

“‘Your Favourite Irish Mexican’… the self appointed strap line of the notorious first year superstar DJ Diego Diaz Rivera. One half of the Virtus outfit. He’s a bit of a hit with the ladies too: self proclaimed lafario, capable of charming even the coldest heat with his charmy Derry accent.

“This first year has been making some serious moves in the music scene, with being at uni only 9 months, he has already set up a night at Cosmic with other BNOC nominee Temi Olungbenga. The future is bright for this young BNOC.”

Rosie Butler, Group 2

Stats: Group 2, fifth, 303 votes

Studies: English Literature, first year

From: Derby

Reason for being a big name: Promoter/ Soho queen

“‘She’ll serve you trebles, and steal your man’. The catch phrase of first year Soho waitress/ Promo queen Rosie Butler aka Roadman Ro (She has her own T shirt). If you haven’t head of her name by now you must of been living under a rock for the past year. This girl lives and breathes for the party.

“With involvement in almost every event in Newcastle you’ve probably all bought a ticket off her at some point. When she’s not grafting for the promo she can be found in the rave, leaving destruction in her wake. Roadman Ro… You epitomize the word BNOC.”

Katy O’Neil, Group 2

Stats: Group 2, third, 605 votes

Studies: History and Modern Languages, first year

From: Newcastle

Reason for being a big name: Fittest Fresher

Katy won The Tab’s Fittest Fresher at the start of this academic year. Over 13,000 votes were cast throughout the competition. The History & Modern Languages fresher, from Newcastle, received over 1,500 votes in the final, which was around 40 per cent of the total votes.

Luke Shalom, Group 2

Stats: Group 2, sixth, 291 votes

Studies: Geography, second year

From: Norfolk

Reason for being a big name: DJ/ Boomshack founder

This entrepreneurial second year started the events company Boomshack, an underground night pushing grooving House & Techno, with an emphasis on residents with bookings. He’s also Vice President of NU:DJ and will be DJing at the Swingers @ Digital event. Winner of Newcastle’s second best bum.

Sam Blackburn & Lucy Stewart, Group 3

Stats: Group 3, third, 572 votes

Sam studies: Geography, first year,  Lucy studies: Civil engineering, second year

Sam’s from: Manchester, Lucy’s from: Huddersfield

Reason for being a big name: Drummond puddle couple (#drummondpuddlewatch)

Over a million people lost their shit and watched Drummond Puddle Watch on Periscope. It featured a live stream of large puddle between Jesmond metro and the Robbo. It was trending worldwide on twitter but when the hype died down these two Newcastle students featured in ALL the online papers as Sam carried Lucy over the swamp.

Lucy Morgan, Group 3

Stats: Group 3, last, 179 votes

Studies: English Lit, third year

From: Harrogate

Reason for being a big name: Femsoc VP

A name that’s commonly on YikYak, she’s known for speaking out against Roosh V, backing ‘Yes to NUS’ campaign and her involvement in FemSoc. She’s a highly influential student at Newcastle and very involved in Union matters.

Jordan Scudder, Group 3

Photo: Max Cooper

Stats: Group 3, fifth, 362 votes

Studies: Digital Electronics, second year

From: Hertfordshire

Reason for being a big name: Socialite

He works at homeless shelters, he smashes marathons and has occasionally written for The Tab. He’s president of Electrical Engineering society and secretary of Triathlon Team. You can’t walk through Jesmond without seeing this former fight night contestant. He’s a BNOC through and through.

Linda Phillips, Group 3

Stats: Group 3, eighth, 208 votes

Studies: Biomed, third year

From: Worcester

Reason for being a big name: Student radio presenter

She’s involved in the Union at the student radio. She’s also a Chief in Freshers’ Week 2016. She’s got friends in high places: Best friends with 2nd place BNOC of the Year 2016 George Snape.

Bee Sharp, Group 3

Stats: Group 3, seventh, 225 votes

Studies: Geography, first year

From: Cornwall

Reason for being a big name: Geography socialite

The person that nominated her said she was one of those girls who came to uni and just FLOURISHED. Not only does she do Geography (a very sociable subject) but she’s also lined up to be Social Sec next year for lacrosse. Popular with both students and lecturers, Bee has also managed to cop herself a 4th year boyfriend.

Nick Robinson, Group 3

Stats: Group 3, sixth, 310 votes

Studies: Urban Planning, second year

From: Kent

Reason for being a big name: Absolute charmer

A former rower, this handsome young man can be found anywhere from the VIP of Folie Douce to Panorama Bar. You may recognise Nick from several RAG topless catwalks or maybe just the swingers terrace. Know him or not, he’s a man you won’t quickly forget.

Sophie Ahmed, Group 3

Stats: Group 3, fourth, 478 votes

Studies: English Lit, second year

From: Blackburn

Reason for being a big name: The Courier Music Editor

Works for the Independent, she’s a promoter for Soul Jam, has crazy legs, and is the new Music Editor for (cough) The Courier (cough). Renowned for her legendary 300 second snapchat stories and her involvement in Newcastle Student Radio.

She once managed to pull dressed as dead Edgar Allan Poe on Halloween (she had a moustache on).

The BNOC with the most votes will get into the final.