Newcastle sinks down world rankings to 162nd

Northumbria wasn’t even deemed rankable

The 2015/2016 QS university rankings have been released, with Newcastle falling down the table.

Newcastle came 162nd, having been 127th last year, following the trend of many British uni’s in plunging down the table.

However, we placed a respectable 34th for dentistry and ranked 94th for Life Sciences and Medicine. We also rose nearly 30 places to come in the top 200 for Arts and Humanities.

Newcastle was ranked well for Dentistry and Medicine

Predictably, Newcastle students didn’t have to sweat about the local poly making a surprise leapfrog in the rankings – Northumbria were not deemed rankable, with a 701+ next to their name. Impressive.

Despite being ranked 28th best in Britain, we did beat some prestigious names such as Queen’s Belfast, Royal Holloway and Loughborough.

MIT came in first once more, with the likes of Oxford, Cambridge UCL and Imperial repping for Britain in the top 10.

Newcastle second-year business student Stephen Graham said: “It’s a bit disappointing to slip down the rankings, but what do they know at MIT about getting three trebs for a fiver?”

They don’t do this at MIT

Newcastle also plummeted earlier this year in the Guardian rankings, but came ahead of snorezville Durham for student satisifaction. No surprise there.

Atleast we’re still in the top 165 universities in the world.