Spotted on campus: Outfits for under a tenner

Yes it can be done

Newcastle isn’t exactly known for its fashion, 60-year-olds in neon miniskirts and thigh high boots are the norm. But there are actually a few hidden gems dotted around the city.

With the task of finding outfits for under a tenner, we headed to Primark – the one on Northumberland Street is actually a haven for student friendly style. Small Changes Vintage also provides a load of on trend clothes for a tiny price, as does the vast array of charity shops.

Playsuits like this wouldn’t look out of place in Topshop, yet we found it for just £7 in Primark. The tailored detailing makes it look way more expensive.

Cheap outfits for men are a lot harder to find, but this T-shirt (£5 – Primark), Chinos (£2- Primark), and neckless (£3 – small changes) are perfect for daytime and nights out.

Cami tops are a staple piece, and this £2 one from H&M is perfect! Maxi skirt (Primark £3) and Birkenstocks (Primark £5) are great for lazy days around uni.

This tea dress was only a fiver from Primark, paired with a charity shop bag from Jesmond Oxfam (£4). Can be dressed down like this, but wouldn’t look amiss on a night out.

Small changes is an oasis for cheap vintage, and this levi dupe was only £ 3- denim jackets are practically uniform for Newcastle students. Gems like this Topshop dress can be found in the charity shops around granger market, for the small price of £7.

If you’re a bit shy of colour, then basic tops (£3) and jeans (£7) like these can be easily found in Primark.